< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Students Needed - NRA Pistol Instructor Course 8/28/13  (Read 1671 times)

Offline mbrinks

• NFOA Full Member
  • Glock Lover, NRA Member, 2AF Life Member
Students Needed - NRA Pistol Instructor Course 8/28/13
« on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:14 AM »
If you're interested in getting your NRA Instructor Certification for pistols there is a great opportunity coming to Lincoln at the end of August.  Right now they are having a special 2-for1 deal, if you take the course you can bring a friend for free.  (They do pay $35 for materials but it's still an amazing deal.)  They need people to sign up soon and I don't know how long they will be offing this deal.  Here's the info on the course:

Course Title: NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course
Class Date/Time: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:00 AM
Register By: Sunday, August 25, 2013
Cost: $295.00
Initial Deposit: $0.00
Instructor Name: PAUL HORVICK
Phone: 218-234-6001
Email: paul@shootingsafely.com

For more information go to http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx and click the check box for "NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course" and pick Nebraska at the bottom of the form.

Offline mbrinks

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Students Needed - NRA Pistol Instructor Course 8/28/13
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »
The class has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
I dont think it is a lack of interest really, more of a lack of funding. I would take it in a heartbeat, but my bank account tells me otherwise.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Nebraska12

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »
I dont think it is a lack of interest really, more of a lack of funding. I would take it in a heartbeat, but my bank account tells me otherwise.

I'm in this boat. I'd love to be a NRA certified pistol instructor.
'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'[/SIZE][/I]

Offline mbrinks

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
I mean that the NRA training people cancelled it from lack of interest.  They needed 4 people and only 2 people signed up. 

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »
I could come up with the money, just not the time ...... Paul is a very thought  provoking instructor, and I would do this if I had the time.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:53:45 PM »
I did Don Larson's class.  About the same fee, without perks for your buddy.  Don will not cancel a class if one student signs up.  He said he has taught a few with one student.  Our class was packed.

Don has a class on 10-4.

One problem may be, more instructors, than students.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
It's interesting that both Paul Horvick and Don Larson are NRA Training Counselors who come to Nebraska all the way from Minnesota to offer their NRA certified instructor courses.

Both are excellent instructors and anyone who takes their classes will get their money's worth and then some.

Both have different instructional styles and both styles are valid and effective.

It appears that we do have a shortage of active NRA Training Counselors in Nebraska.   Terry Lane Fitzgerald [Buffalo Bill] in Lincoln comes to mind, but he is not so visible these days as he has been in the past.

Our own Forum member--upcrawfish--is a recent addition to the NRA Training Counselor ranks, but I think he confines his offerings to BSA activities.

The end consequence is that we don't have a full range of frequent NRA Certified Instructor courses offered across Nebraska.   Maybe we have an NRA Training Counselor or two on the Forum who can step into this vacuum and crank it up.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »
I know several people that had wanted to attend the class (and still very much want to do so) but simply couldn't take a day off in the middle of the week.  Price isn't cheap, but it isn't bad---however scheduling is simply an issue.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »
It's interesting that both Paul Horvick and Don Larson are NRA Training Counselors who come to Nebraska all the way from Minnesota to offer their NRA certified instructor courses.

Both are excellent instructors and anyone who takes their classes will get their money's worth and then some.

Both have different instructional styles and both styles are valid and effective.

It appears that we do have a shortage of active NRA Training Counselors in Nebraska.   Terry Lane Fitzgerald [Buffalo Bill] in Lincoln comes to mind, but he is not so visible these days as he has been in the past.

Our own Forum member--upcrawfish--is a recent addition to the NRA Training Counselor ranks, but I think he confines his offerings to BSA activities.

The end consequence is that we don't have a full range of frequent NRA Certified Instructor courses offered across Nebraska.   Maybe we have an NRA Training Counselor or two on the Forum who can step into this vacuum and crank it up.

sfg

Have taken several classes with Justin Grusing, NRA Training Counselor.  His classes schedule is listed here:

http://nebraskashooters.com/schedule

His classes are very good, and he lives among us, not someone traveling back home with Nebraska money in his pockets.   

Justin works closely with Terry Fitzgerald so their curriculum is complimentary to one another.   For his CHP classes at his country home, he has as many CRSO's on the line as he does students. I am one of the CRSO's, along with Jim Sears, Dorothy Doeschot, and Jim Pendendorf, with Justin taking the lead roll. 

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday evening this week is Instructor Personal Protection In The Home.   Sat & Sun this weekend is Instructor Personal Protection Outside The Home. I am taking that class.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:39:21 PM by Gary »