< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Starting a new argument! Timers, Competition, and Cover...  (Read 3211 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Starting a new argument! Timers, Competition, and Cover...
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »
jt....I knew indirectly of your fondness for him, thus my poke at the hornet's nest.....

Humph!

And I meant "bases" vice "basis".....Me kno reely how to spell betr than that...

And here I thought you meant that if we trained with Pincus we'd have all of our biases covered, which seemed perfectly correct to me.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:32 AM »
we'd have all of our biases covered,

SNAP !!!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
I still strive to emulate the guy JTH posted a while back that was dancing around, laying on the ground, etc while shooting at a stationary target 5 yards away.  Now that's tactical.  Especially if you set it to music.

Seriously, I still pull that video up now and then when I need a good laugh.  Maybe we need a thread of bad instructor videos :)

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »
On the topic of cover vs competition shooting. 

I would add during competition shooting, having some bearing on ones location in relation to the targets and fault lines is rather important.  While there is no constraint of cover there are still parameters one has to think about in terms of foot placement, body position etc., things to think about beyond shooting while shooting.  I would categorize this as a plus, easily translated into other aspects of shooting beyond competition.  JMO.