< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fight Like A Girl And Other Lessons From A Stabbing  (Read 810 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Fight Like A Girl And Other Lessons From A Stabbing
« on: August 18, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »
This is one of the best self defense articles I have read. Multiple lessons to be learned for all of us, not just the ladies. Mindset, Physical Skills (with and without a weapon), Medical Training and Physical Fitness. Are you weak in any of these areas? If so, what are you doing about it? Find your weaknesses and turn them into strengths. No excuses. 

http://limatunesrangediary.blogspot.com/2013/08/fight-like-girl-and-other-lessons-from.html

Fight Like A Girl And Other Lessons From A Stabbing
Monday, August 5, 2013

A few weeks ago I saw this story on my Facebook feed. A woman, Angela Champagne, was assaulted in a Minneapolis parking garage. A man put a knife to her neck and told her to get in a car with him. She had no way of knowing he was a serial sexual predator. She chose to fight him. She used techniques she learned in a self defense class to defend herself and got stabbed in the process. Her attacker was later caught and she has since made it her mission to encourage more women to fight back.

The story is an amazing one and I encourage you to read it. But the lessons are so vast I couldn't help but reiterate them in this blog post. I was so inspired to learn all I could from her story I sought out further information and news reports that led me to her contact information. Angela agreed to talk to me and I had an hour and a half long phone conversation regarding the incident, her mindset, self defense and the like. She is an amazing woman and I hope one day to shake her hand and tell her in person how much I admire her spirit.

~Read more at the link~
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:26:46 AM by sjwsti »
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Fight Like A Girl And Other Lessons From A Stabbing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »
Copyright?  Unless you have permission, you must not copy and repost an entire article.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.