< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Be careful out there!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Be careful out there!
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »
Attached is a photo of the second accident near Highway 50 and I-80 this morning.  In the first accident, one semi merged into the lane of another causing it to roll over.  Subsequently, the black car in the photo below ran into the Dodge pickup ahead of it.

Public Service Announcement:

1. Put down your phone and drive.
2. Carry a fire extinguisher in your vehicle - mounted safely and securely.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Be careful out there!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
 I was taking my wife to Millard for my new grandson's birth at 5:45 this morning and just as I exited on 370 when they said I-80 eastbound was closed down.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »
I thought only Pintos did that.  :)  Hopefully no one was hurt.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
Nope Tim, Dodge pick up, too.  :)

Offline Hermit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
Especially when they get a Buick up the trumpet.  At least, I think it's a Buick, looks like Buick wheels.  That'll happen, the truck hits the brakes, it dives, the back end come up, the Buick hits the brakes, it's nose dives and then you suddenly have a Buick up in your soft underbelly.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
I thought only Pintos did that.  :)  Hopefully no one was hurt.
I believe the driver of the car died later at the hospital in Omaha.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:17 PM »
2. Carry a fire extinguisher in your vehicle - mounted safely and securely.

I do not beleive that any man portable fire extinguisher would have made any difference for the Buick Driver in this situation: ruptured fuel tank  and many gallons of burning fuel?  May as well pee on it......... If Mr. Buick Driver could not get out in a very few seconds, he's toast. ....... Stuff happens ....... Hang up and drive, so it does not happen to you.

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
I do not beleive that any man portable fire extinguisher would have made any difference for the Buick Driver in this situation: ruptured fuel tank  and many gallons of burning fuel?  May as well pee on it......... If Mr. Buick Driver could not get out in a very few seconds, he's toast. ....... Stuff happens ....... Hang up and drive, so it does not happen to you.

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  In my mind, it's worth a try to put the fire out.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
The Sarpy County sheriff's office says the truck was stopped because traffic was still tied up from a collision between two semi-trailers that happened around 6 a.m. The impact caused a fire in Shutters' car. Witnesses removed both drivers before the fire spread.

http://www.1011now.com/news/headlines/Iowa_man_dies_in_I-80_crash_128407603.html

Sounds like maybe it wasn't the fire, but the sudden stop that ultimately caused the young man's death.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
http://www.1011now.com/news/headlines/Iowa_man_dies_in_I-80_crash_128407603.html

Sounds like maybe it wasn't the fire, but the sudden stop that ultimately caused the young man's death.

Hmmm ... that sounds like what they told us in jump school ... It's not the fall that kills you.  It's the sudden stop at the end.