< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Follow Up Canton Officer Harless  (Read 864 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Follow Up Canton Officer Harless
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:59:08 AM »

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
Re: Follow Up Canton Officer Harless
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
It's not enough, every stop this idiot made needs to be tossed and every one of them need due compensation. Then, this moron needs to be put in prison where he belongs, with the general population and not coddled in solitary.

Because of his actions, the people don't have any respect for the "good" officers, especially when they stand behind and support this scum.

At least he will not be harassing people from behind the security of a badge any more.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
The idiot needs to be in jail.  That's what would happen to me if I threatened to execute someone.  But I guess we'll have to settle for him losing his job.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
I *hate* frivilous law suits and such... but....

Throw that bastard in jail and allow civil suits.  The same would happen to any joe shmoe that acted the way he did.  Especially given the officer has a history of abuse.... public service be damned.

Being pinned and under constant verbal threat of execution by an armed individual is a **** hole of a situation to be in.  I dunno if I could come up with "where is the line in the sand for self defense" in that situation.. and I don't think "at that time", Harless being LEO would matter.  He's a threat.  I guess the line would be one where things are entirely too late for yourself (ie: if Harless drew his weapon).
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
I *hate* frivilous law suits and such... but....

Throw that bastard in jail and allow civil suits.  The same would happen to any joe shmoe that acted the way he did.  Especially given the officer has a history of abuse.... public service be damned.

Being pinned and under constant verbal threat of execution by an armed individual is a guano hole of a situation to be in.  I dunno if I could come up with "where is the line in the sand for self defense" in that situation.. and I don't think "at that time", Harless being LEO would matter.  He's a threat.  I guess the line would be one where things are entirely too late for yourself (ie: if Harless drew his weapon).

I wouldn't consider a lawsuit in this case as "frivolous."  It's a legitimate case IMHO.  They knew this guy was a loose cannon. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller