< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open Letter to NFOA Membership  (Read 5022 times)

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Open Letter to NFOA Membership
« on: July 23, 2009, 04:23:50 PM »
First of all, let me say I?m pretty new to this group, and I will not presume to tell anyone here what they should or shouldn?t do regarding the business of the organization.  On the other hand, I am a member now, and I should be entitled to voice my opinions.  We have a first amendment, too, in case some of you forgot about it.

The purpose of my letter is to express my opinion (I remind you that it?s my opinion) on how to effectively go about spreading our message and garnering support for our cause.  I realize, too, that we don?t all have the exact same goals, we have varying interests in terms of firearms, and that even among our group, we may not all agree on what is right or wrong regarding any kind of gun-control legislation.  However, my advice should apply equally no matter what side of an issue you may support.

I think it is safe to say that most of us would like fewer restrictions (infringements) on our right to bear arms and to use them in whatever legal endeavor we choose.  Personally, I believe there are reasonable restrictions and conditions regarding firearms that will not unduly interfere with our rights.  I know some of you, and the NRA in general, are opposed to most any kind of restriction based on the ?slippery slope? concept.  ?Give them an inch, and they?ll take a mile.?  This is not to say that there isn?t some validity to that idea.  Still, if we refuse to budge on reasonable restrictions, we are likely to face a more staunch opposition that will seek to totally disarm us.  There are those already who strive for this goal, and there is no need to increase their numbers by failing to compromise on truly reasonable legislation.

I?m not going to get into specific laws that I would accept or oppose.  Let it suffice to say that I am willing to accept some reasonable restrictions on my second amendment rights.  Even I don?t believe that everyone, regardless of their personal background, should be allowed to possess and carry firearms.  Where we draw the line is difficult to say, but I don?t think any of us want people who have a history of violent criminal behavior running free on our streets with guns and no way to stop them until after they commit another violent crime.  Believe me, I realize laws mean little or nothing to these people, but we don?t need to make it easy for them.

Finally, to get on with the point of my letter, I want to say that sharing your opinion on any issue is a good thing to do, if you do it in the right way.  Name calling, taunting, using foul language, inarticulate rambling, and demonstrations of illiteracy are not the right way.  I?ve followed enough forums and online articles allowing comments to know that these things only further alienate the opposition and convince the fence-sitters to side with them.  Sure, I have most of the same emotions as the rest of you.  I get the same charge out of using phrases like ?you?ll get my gun when you pry my cold dead finger off the trigger? and ?an armed society is a polite society? and ?when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them? that many of you do.  However, we must realize that the feeling of power and righteousness we get from owning guns won?t help when it comes to preventing or changing anti-gun legislation.  We can?t point our guns at those who make the decisions and force them to vote our way.  We have to convince them with logic and common sense, and perhaps, a willingness to give a little.  Even if you don?t want to compromise at all, you can still be civil and logical and respectful of the other party?s perspective.

You have to keep in mind that many of those who are anti-gun either have no experience with them, or have had only bad experiences with them.  The poor, hardworking citizens living in a crime ridden neighborhood who see their children being killed on a daily basis have good reason to think that if we can get rid of guns, everything will be better.  The upper-class mother whose son was killed when his friend took him to the basement to show him Grandpa?s gun wants nothing more than to see guns go away.  The friends and family members of those killed at Von Maur a while back probably would like to see stricter laws that might keep similar incidents from happening in the future.

Most of us realize that few of the existing laws do anything more than provide additional penalties for those who would assault, kill, rob, kidnap, rape, or even accidentally shoot someone.  They don?t prevent the problems.  But, not everyone acts on logic alone.  Many act on emotion, and emotions run high on issues such as gun control.

We, as responsible gun owners, need more than anything, to convince the rest of the public that we pose no threat to them.  We need them to understand that we stand in opposition to all that they fear from guns:  both criminal and accidental shootings.  We need them to understand that we respect their right to have their own opinion, and rather than put them down for it, convince them that they are wrong to support over-burdensome and ill-conceived anti-gun legislation.

Please, for the sake of our second amendment rights, think about what you say when you speak out.  Do it, but do it with respect, with logic, with common sense, and with at least a little bit of realization that, just maybe, the other person has some valid concerns.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Open Letter to NFOA Membership
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
First of all, let me say I?m pretty new to this group, and I will not presume to tell anyone here what they should or shouldn?t do regarding the business of the organization.  On the other hand, I am a member now, and I should be entitled to voice my opinions.  We have a first amendment, too, in case some of you forgot about it.

Thank you for joining and for particpating on these forums. Your opinions are indeed welcomed, that is what this forum board is here for.

I think it is safe to say that most of us would like fewer restrictions (infringements) on our right to bear arms and to use them in whatever legal endeavor we choose.  Personally, I believe there are reasonable restrictions and conditions regarding firearms that will not unduly interfere with our rights.  I know some of you, and the NRA in general, are opposed to most any kind of restriction based on the ?slippery slope? concept.  ?Give them an inch, and they?ll take a mile.?  This is not to say that there isn?t some validity to that idea.  Still, if we refuse to budge on reasonable restrictions, we are likely to face a more staunch opposition that will seek to totally disarm us.  There are those already who strive for this goal, and there is no need to increase their numbers by failing to compromise on truly reasonable legislation.

Negotiating our rights away is how we have gotten ourselves behind the eight ball in the first place. Yes, if we stand fast in our beliefs and refuse to budge, we will undoubtably face staunch opposition from the other side. However, if we give in, even on small issues that seem to be relatively harmless on their own, we do not make that opposition go away, we just let them win little by little, one unneccesary piece of legislation at a time. At least when the opposition is forced to be firm and vocal, we can see their true intentions. When we let them remain relatively quiet by appeasing them with small concessions, it becomes more difficult for us to see the path we are truly on. Make no mistake, those seeking to restrict our 2A rights truly do want to totally disarm us whether we make them come out and say it or not. Personally, I would rather fight the battle openly, stand up for what I believe in without waivering, and force my opponents to truly show their hand.

Where we draw the line is difficult to say, but I don?t think any of us want people who have a history of violent criminal behavior running free on our streets with guns and no way to stop them until after they commit another violent crime.  Believe me, I realize laws mean little or nothing to these people, but we don?t need to make it easy for them.

I realize my thinking is rather idealistic here, but personally I don't want anyone I can't trust with a firearm to be running free on our streets with or without a gun. If instead of negotiating our rights away, we could stand up and be more vocal in our desire for the laws already on the books to be enforced, then maybe we could head off some of these nonsense laws at the pass. If we could keep the bad guys from running free on our streets in the first place, then the perceived "need" for more laws that only infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens would no longer be there. I honestly believe that every human being has an inherent right to defend themselves. If a person can not even be trusted to do that, then they do not need to be walking on the same streets my family walks on.

I really believe that we should take some of our time we dedicate to fighting anti gun legislation, and divert it to spend on fighting to keep convicted criminals off the streets in the first place. It is the criminal element that is our true adversary, even more so than the anti 2nd Amendment crowd, because for the most part it is the actions of the criminals that cause the uninformed antis to feel the way they do. Keep the "gun crime" down, and the cries for anti gun laws will dissipate.

Finally, to get on with the point of my letter, I want to say that sharing your opinion on any issue is a good thing to do, if you do it in the right way.  Name calling, taunting, using foul language, inarticulate rambling, and demonstrations of illiteracy are not the right way.  

I agree with you on that. Yes, it can be difficult at times to remain calm, but we must try. I personally do not always succeed in that, but I am human and when you are passionate about something, it is difficult at times to keep your emotions at bay.

We, as responsible gun owners, need more than anything, to convince the rest of the public that we pose no threat to them.  We need them to understand that we stand in opposition to all that they fear from guns:  both criminal and accidental shootings.  We need them to understand that we respect their right to have their own opinion, and rather than put them down for it, convince them that they are wrong to support over-burdensome and ill-conceived anti-gun legislation.

Please, for the sake of our second amendment rights, think about what you say when you speak out.  Do it, but do it with respect, with logic, with common sense, and with at least a little bit of realization that, just maybe, the other person has some valid concerns.

I completely agree.

These are just my opinions. Nothing more. Thanks for posting.

*Edited for spelling and grammar as my brain tends to work faster than my fingers are able to.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:27:44 PM by Jay »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »
I really believe that we should take some of our time we dedicate to fighting anti gun legislation, and divert it to spend on fighting to keep convicted criminals off the streets in the first place. It is the criminal element that is our true adversary, even more so than the anti 2nd Amendment crowd, because for the most part it is the actions of the criminals that cause the uninformed antis to feel the way they do. Keep the "gun crime" down, and the cries for anti gun laws will dissipate. .

As well as fighting to keep convicted criminals off the streets I feel we need to be proactive and try to lead the next generation in a direction that does not include crime.  This means we need to support quality education and a way out of poverty, a chance for these children to see there is another way other than the drugs and violence that seems to the way of life for far too many.  This does not mean a hand out, but helping them find the path out; this can be as simple as being involved and a good role model for these youth.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:27:52 PM by AAllen »

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »
Absolutely, Andy, education is VITAL to the future of the 2nd Amendment. I have preached about that before.

Thank you for bringing that up.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »
"Shall not be infringed". Period.  Those words say it all for me.

This is my opinion... and yea I can be very passionate......

So what your saying is that if we refuse to cave to "resonable restrictions"(resonable according to whom?)  on our rights the anti's get stronger? And if we cave what does that do? Make them weaker? I think not. That line of thinking makes no sence to me. That's like saying if we just sit down and talk to Alqaida that they'll stop attacking us. The only way they will stop is if we all convert to thier twisted version of Islam. Just like the Anti Second Amendment crowd. If we cave they won't be happy until they accually do totally disarm all of us. That is thier ultimate goal.

Please give examples of the  "reasonable restrictions" that you are in favor of. Just curious

I for one believe that gun owners have for too long stood by and watched as thier rights were slowly infringed upon. That isn't going to happen any more. I do agree that we have to convince people through education and conversation however I won't give up what I believe in just to make some political points with someone who could care less about the Constitution and my rights.

Furthermore, I will respect anothers opinion when that opinion does not infringe upon my rights. If that "opinion" infringes upon my rights then respect goes out the door.

Anti's are wrong and the Constitution is right. That simple. No compromise.
I'm off my soap box.
Thanks for posting and joining.
Rich

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »
Jay:

Thanks for the response and for welcoming me to the group.  If I truly thought we could swing it, I'd say the hell with the anti-gunners, I know I'm right, and I think there are enough of us to get our way.  Then, I wouldn't worry about them.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be that easy.  If it was, we wouldn't be where we are now, fighting to keep what we still have.  I sure wouldn't want it to get to the point where we had to use our guns in order to keep them.

And, as long as people are civil and make good arguments, like you do, I don't have a problem with those like you who choose to stand firm and demand the rights that we so clearly have (whether they're in the Constitution, or God given, or simply common sense).

I couldn't agree more that our major problem stems from the rampant crime that is so prevalent in our society.  I didn't get into that in my letter (concentrated on what I feel is the best way of making one's point), but I have tried for years to convince people that we don't need 50 million laws that we can't enforce, or don't enforce, or that have such lenient penalties that they have no deterrent effect.  I'm not a religious man, but the 10 commandments would pretty much cover it.  If society is going to continue to be a society, we can't allow people who refuse to abide by the rules to continue to live freely within it.

Nowadays, all you hear from everyone is that the jails are too overcrowded, it costs more to execute someone than to keep them in prison for life, the death penalty is no deterrent.  All bull.  Build more jails if we need them.  There is more than enough tax money wasted on unimportant stuff to do it.  Hell, make the lawbreakers build their own facilities.  Make them raise their own food and pump their own water from a well.  Make it so they don't want to go back if they ever do get out.  The only reason it might cost more to execute someone than to keep them in prison for life is because the way we do it now, they spend a whole life sentence on death row before we ever get around to the executing part.  Does it cost more to buy a car, or to rent a car?  It costs more to buy it if you rent it first for 20 years and then buy it.  And, how is anything going to be a deterrent if it's 20 years down the road?

I can't think of one legitimate argument for not upping the penalties for the basic crimes so that it's no longer worth the risk to the criminal.  I know some people are not going to be deterred by anything.  A man goes nuts when he finds his wife in bed with his best friend and kills them both.  He isn't thinking about the death penalty, he's just insanely angry and out of control.  Now in some countries, he may not even face a criminal charge, after all it was his wife and friend that committed the sin of adultery, and they deserved what they got (not necessarily my view here).  Here, of course he's going to get charged with murder.  He may get off due to temporary insanity or something, and maybe that's even okay, as he's not likely to do it again.  But, I wouldn't care if he went to prison for the rest of his life either.  On the other hand, a career criminal who, by nature has to lie and cheat and steal and perhaps kill to maintain his way of life.  You simply can't let him back on the street again once you catch him.  We've got people with ten or fifteen drunk driving convictions.  That is assinine.  The person needs to be confined, eiither in a hospital for alcoholics or a prison, but we can't let him/her keep endangering the rest of us simply because it costs too much to put him in jail.

I could go on and on...and I probably will...but not tonight.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:34:49 PM »
A quick reply to husker gun:

I don't have a problem with those who believe in a strict definition of "shall not be infringed" because I take the meaning literally myself.  I suppose the difference between you (and some of the others here who think I want us all to "cave") and me, is that I don't believe that totally disarming us is the goal of everyone on "the other side".  I'm quite sure that many, if not most, of those who want some level of gun control want just that.  Reasonable restrictions that provide some means of keeping things from getting out of hand.  I realize that you may not want to tell me, and you certainly don't have to, but I suspect that many of those who claim to feel as you do, have gotten CHPs.  Isn't that caving?  If you truly feel you have the right to carry anywhere, anytime, and anyhow you want, why would you bother to get a permit.  (Maybe you didn't personally, but I'll bet a number of you did.)  I'm not asking for any more than that.  I'm not so sure we can maintain our rights in this rapidly liberalizing world without some compromise.  Unless, we can convince large numbers of fence sitters to go along with us.  If we all act like some survivalist cult, we're simply going to polarize the rest of them against us.

I believe in our second amendment rights just as much as you do.  And, I really don't think it is right or fair or whatever you want to call it that we should have these rights infringed.  I just think it inevitable unless we can convince others to join our ranks (those who are currently afraid of us or don't care one way or the other or simply have followed their liberal leaders like sheep because they didn't know any better).  Like I said to Dan, if we had the numbers to simply outvote the anti-gunners, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.  I'm just doing what I think is the best of the alternatives I have.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »
I'm not going to attempt to speak for huskergun, but I want to address the CHP issue. I agree with huskergun in the "shall not be infringed" state of mind, but I did get a Nebraska CHP. I debated doing this for quite a while, for the reasons you mentioned... why should I pay the government and get a permit to exercise my constitutional rights?

After much internal debate, I decided to get the permit strictly in an effort to give our lawmakers a quantifiable number of constituents that support gun rights. I really thought there would be more permits issued than there have been, but of course there are many reasons for that, but I digress.

Anyways, I urged all gun owners to get a permit, even if they felt they would never even carry. Strength in numbers and all of that. You have to remember that at the time, there was no NFOA, no organized group of local (state) gun rights advocates, so there was really no other way to send the message to our unicameral that we are here, and there are enough of us to warrant a need to take our opinions seriously into consideration. Thankfully, the NFOA has since come into being and changed that.

Another reason I ended up getting the permit is that I realize that our rights were not diminished in one fell swoop, but instead eroded slowly over time. Therefore, I decided it was a reasonable approach to try to restore our rights not all at once, which obviously was very unrealistic, but instead to get them back a little at a time. A slow and steady fight if you will. This is why I don't feel that obtaining a CHP is caving, but instead a positive step forward considering our current situation and the fact that the way the current law is written, constitutional or not, without the permit, carrying under affirmative defense basically puts you in the position of being guilty until proven innocent. I don't have the money to fight that battle.

This all relates back to my opinion of being unyielding as far as concessions go. Every step needs to be a step forward at this point. We can't afford to go backwards anymore. We let that happen for too long, and look where that has gotten us. I believe that we need to get back to "shall not be infringed", in its clearest and simplest form, but I know that will not happen overnight.

Positive steps, continued vocal opposition to any further restrictions, political activism, public education, greater promotion of shooting sports, and the introduction of safe and proper firearm handling techniques to new shooters - both children and adults alike, is how we are going to restore our God given, Founding Father recognized rights and secure them for future generations to enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:35:09 AM by Jay »

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »
Jay:

Very good.  I couldn't agree more, and though some people may have misunderstood some things in my letter, I don't think I ever suggested that we continue to go backward a little at a time by compromising.  On the contrary, like you, I feel we need to get back a little at a time, and we're not going to do that by having an "all or nothing" attitude about it.  If I thought we could somehow force a once-and-for-all showdown with the antigun crowd and win, I'd be all over that.  It's not going to happen, at least not without pulling another revolution like the one that produced our Constitution in the first place.

Again, I don't have anything against anyone who feels the same as huskergun.  I just don't think it will get us what we all ultimately want:  uninfringed second amendment rights.  I should qualify that just a bit (and I'll probably be raked over the coals again for this).  I don't think even our founding fathers would have advocated private citizens owning nuclear weapons.  Back then, a gun was a gun, not that they were all exactly the same or that one wasn't maybe a bit more accurate than another, but scope of available arms was rather narrow compared to now.  Again, I'm not sure where the line should be drawn, but a some point you have the balance the safety of the majority of citizens against the rights of those who might amass so much power they pose a threat to the security of the nation.  I won't go so far as to say no one should be allowed to have fully automatic weapons, or armor piercing bullets, or high-capacity magazines, etc.  It is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that we may one day need them, as our forefathers did, to avoid having the rest of our freedoms being taken away by our enemies (foreign or domestic).  I doubt if it will come to that in my lifetime, but who knows?

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
I went through the hassle of getting a permit because I don't want to spend several months or years in a jail cell.  While I consider permits to be an infringement, I realize I have to play by the rules.

And to touch on the idea mentioned above about keeping criminals in jail, IMO, that is more of a budget issue than a justice/legal issue.  Jails are expensive, no one wants one built next door (NIMBY), and governments are quick to reallocate money to roads and schools and away from jails.
NRA Life Member.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »
We will not compromise away any of the gun rights we have left, it isn't even an option. The NRA has compromised them away for us over the years, even while begging for and spending millions of dollars. The only compromise we will do is how much we take back at a time, that is what we are here for.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
Just so you know the first amendment is supposed to prevent the government from muzzling you. It does not give you the right to say whatever you want on this privately owned website.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
Who are you referring to?
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »
I'd say he is referring to this:

We have a first amendment, too, in case some of you forgot about it.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »
I would imagine that Mikee is referring to me, since I brought up the first amendment (more as a humorous aside than a claim that I was demanding to use this space at my will).  Hard to say if he didn't like what I said or was just giving me a hard time regarding the intent of the first amendment (or perhaps just being humorous himself).  Makes no difference to me.  If he has a problem with something I said, he is welcome to express it here as some of you already have.  I actually enjoy a good debate, and I don't claim to have all the answers, or to be right all the time.  I just have my opinion, which is all any of us have (yes, just like an a**hole).

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »
No problem at all with you armed and humorous.  Just felt that you maybe had a false impression of what the first amendment means, after all many don't understand the second either.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »
Good to know, Mikee.  At least one of you aren't appalled by my ideas.  :)

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »
I am really glad you posted you letter. Good to see more participation here. I wish more of our fellow gun owning Nebraskan's would join up and do so.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 08:47:28 PM »
Debates are good. They keep the blood flowing.
 Anyway, I don't have my CHP ...yet. I hate the idea of asking permission from my government. Makes me sick. Omahas little bounty program really ticks me off also.
 But I will get it for the simple reason of being able to protect me and my family.
 I don't think we give a little and expect to gain anything. If anything it's the other way around. We need to continue to gain then we'll win in the end.
NO COMPROMISE!!!! Sorry.
"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" .....enough said.
We need to win.
It is good that we may not agree all the time but we must all have the same goal.

A quick reply to husker gun:

I don't have a problem with those who believe in a strict definition of "shall not be infringed" because I take the meaning literally myself.  I suppose the difference between you (and some of the others here who think I want us all to "cave") and me, is that I don't believe that totally disarming us is the goal of everyone on "the other side".  I'm quite sure that many, if not most, of those who want some level of gun control want just that.  Reasonable restrictions that provide some means of keeping things from getting out of hand.  I realize that you may not want to tell me, and you certainly don't have to, but I suspect that many of those who claim to feel as you do, have gotten CHPs.  Isn't that caving?  If you truly feel you have the right to carry anywhere, anytime, and anyhow you want, why would you bother to get a permit.  (Maybe you didn't personally, but I'll bet a number of you did.)  I'm not asking for any more than that.  I'm not so sure we can maintain our rights in this rapidly liberalizing world without some compromise.  Unless, we can convince large numbers of fence sitters to go along with us.  If we all act like some survivalist cult, we're simply going to polarize the rest of them against us.

I believe in our second amendment rights just as much as you do.  And, I really don't think it is right or fair or whatever you want to call it that we should have these rights infringed.  I just think it inevitable unless we can convince others to join our ranks (those who are currently afraid of us or don't care one way or the other or simply have followed their liberal leaders like sheep because they didn't know any better).  Like I said to Dan, if we had the numbers to simply outvote the anti-gunners, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.  I'm just doing what I think is the best of the alternatives I have.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:15:32 PM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »

1100 plus members I beieve. This ball is just getting rolling Mikee. Me LitlRat, Dan and Chris will be at Cabelas in August signing up as many as we can and trying to get more people involved. Should be fun.
 The more members the more partisipation.

I am really glad you posted you letter. Good to see more participation here. I wish more of our fellow gun owning Nebraskan's would join up and do so.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.