< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Target Stands "Group Buy"  (Read 1654 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Target Stands "Group Buy"
« on: September 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
I'm getting some welding done, including a few more of the corner brackets you see in the photos below. We are only talking about the brackets. Not the rebar, not the targets, not the chains, just the brackets.

These are by far my favorite way to hang steel, for the following reasons...

Adaptable:
You can make them taller/shorter, or wider/narrower just by changing out the rebar. If you are on uneven terrain, you can change out certain legs to make it level. You can add, take away, or change out targets very easily.

Survivable:
The brackets and the rebar are very robust. A wide base makes it very difficult to knock over, and the weight of the target+surface texture of rebar= very stable overall. No part of this setup is expensive or difficult to repair if need be.

Portable, easy to set up, compact transport:
You can take them apart and all you have is a target with chains, 5 peices of rebar, and the two brackets. A few seconds of setup or takedown, can transport in a car trunk.

Simple and cheap:
Even if you are unable to chop your own rebar, Home Depot has 2ft, 4ft, and 10ft sections. You can use wire, nylon webbing, old leather, or conveyor belt to hang the targets. Steel targets of various sizes are available from various sources.

Reactive steel has a major benefit over static, if hung straight down, in that you not only can tell that you hit it, you can usually tell where you hit it, based on how the target swings. These stands also make it easy to get your targets up above vegetation or the crest of an intermediate hill.

These have a 90 degree total angle on the legs, which gives them a wide/stable base, which I like, but it uses up rebar for elevation faster than a 80 or 70 degree would. These will accept up to 3/4" tubing, conduit, or rebar. I find that 1/2"  rebar is more than enough. Let me know if you would like something different.

Email john@mwts-training.com or respond here if you would be interested. I need to know before I give him final numbers on Monday.

Price is $25 a set. Again, BRACKETS ONLY!
No, I am not taking a cut.

All three photos are using the same brackets.

2' legs and center, one 5" gong for size reference

4' legs and center, one 8" and one 5" gong for size reference

4' leg sections, 2' center, 8" gong for size reference.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:13:09 AM by wallace11bravo »

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Target Stands "Group Buy"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:15:14 PM »
I just see red Xs.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
Better?

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »
A final "bump," as this deal closes tomorrow.

Answers to the FAQs thus far:

You can pick them up at my location, or I can try to meet you somewhere, at my convenience. I make zero promises on the latter.

Payment is due when you receive them. If someone doesn't follow through, it is really not a big deal. Just means I have an extra set (or two) to use or sell. I may require prepayment for very large orders.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »
Sent you a text.