< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sotomayor  (Read 1044 times)

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Sotomayor
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »
In case you haven't already heard:

U.S. Sen. Mike Johanns says he cannot support Judge Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court.

In a statement released Monday, the Nebraska Republican said he's not certain that she would be able to set aside her biases "and be able to decide cases impartially based upon the rule of law."

He also says he has deep reservations about her ability to accurately interpret the law and about views on gun ownership.

Johanns had said last month that he wanted to review her record and assess her comments in hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

He had met with Sotomayor late last month as well.

From the Lincoln JournalStar. ;D

Ooh.  I bet they're p!ssed.  I'm surprised they even printed it.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Sotomayor
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »
Looks like Johanns actually wants to represent Nebraska and it's gun owners, and maybe has re-election in mind.

Do I need to start the campaign to rid Nebraska of Ben Nelson now, or is he going to vote for us? If he votes for Clinton, Schumaker, Kennedy and the rest of the clowns, we will be busy convincing Nebraskans that a change needs to come.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
I just read this article online from KOLN/KGIN.  http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/52012752.html  If you haven't already, please write Senator Nelson and ask him to vote against her confirmation as Supreme Court Justice.  Or, write him again, as I have done.  It's not too late.

My latest email:

I already wrote once, but I see that Senator Nelson has not yet made up his mind on Sotomayor.  I ask once again that you vote against her confirmation.  It seems to me that anyone aspiring to a position of this importance should be willing to answer questions regarding their stand on crucial and controversial issues.  From what I've read, she is unwilling to do that.  She may think that her personal feelings are just that, personal and nothing else.  In many jobs, personal beliefs might not make a difference in job performance.  As a Supreme Court Justice, I think personal beliefs are most likely to affect one's decisions.  Therefore, the public should know where she stands.  It appears that she has sided with the minority in previous court decisions on many things, including our second amendment rights as individuals. 
To me, that is unacceptable.  I am quite sure the majority of Nebraskans feel the same.

Please vote against Sotomayor's confirmation and allow someone who will support the Constitution to hold that position instead.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
I just emailed Ben Nelson again to vote NO on Sotomayor, everyone should do the same. If he has not said he will support her yet, it is because he knows of the sh!tstorm to follow. Let's start the sh!tstorm NOW!

Let's bombard him with our opinions, shut his email down if we have to, this is important.

Remember this "Wise Latina Woman" knows what is best for us, and we can't afford to have her on the bench for 30 years. Obama needs just one more after her to take away our 2nd amendment rights through a liberal Supreme Court, and if you think this is not one of his goals, you are only fooling yourself.

This has to stop now, people.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.