< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ruger .380 LCP  (Read 6210 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Ruger .380 LCP
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
I purchased one of the very first. Wouldn't do anything correctly.  I called Ruger. they sent a UPS label, paid the in freight charge, did whatever to the firearm, paid the UPS on return, sent me a LCP cap, an extra magazine, and a $25.00 gift certificate, and the pistol hasn't hicupped since.  Given what it is expected to do, it does now & I'm totally happy.  It will fire and feed any kind of ammo even reloads.

Now THAT is Customer SERVICE!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
I almost wish I'd sent mine back for repair now, instead of simply returning it.  Still, I'm happy the concealability of my S&W340SC, and I'm pretty sure the stopping power in considerably greater, even if it doesn't hold as many rounds.  I figure if I can't hit a human sized target at self-defense range, I don't deserve to live, no matter what gun I'm using.  At least, with the 340, I can probably expect a hit will mean the perp is going down.  Still, that was a pretty little gun (the LCP).
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
Bought mine originally for warm weather carry, but find myself carrying it more and more.  No problems at all with FTF or FTE.  The only problem was only having one and the wife and I both wanting to carry it... so we got a his'n and her'n...  one with a CT, the other stock.

Offline lefty

• Powder Benefactor
  • KC0DA, NRA, USAF 57-61
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
My personal favorite defense gun has always been a Beretta Jetfire in 22 short. Over all the years I've been hiking I never leave without it in my pocket. Of course we all know too the first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy System". For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it means you NEVER hike alone, you bring a friend or companion, even an in-law, that way if something happens there is someone to go get help.

I remember one time hiking with my brother-in-law in northern Alberta . Out of nowhere came this huge brown bear and man was she mad. We must have been near one of her cubs.  Anyway, if I had not had my little Jetfire I'd sure not be here today.  Just one shot to my brother-in-law's knee cap and I was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace.  ;D

That's one of the best pistols in my safe...

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
Good one, Lefty.  Just goes to prove my tag line.  :)
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.