< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gear review; Lantac Dragon  (Read 2633 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Gear review; Lantac Dragon
« on: September 16, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
It has been a while since I saw an AR15 accessory that caught my eye. That is until I saw what Lantac USA had going on. I pre ordered the Lantac Dragon muzzle brake after checking out their webpage and watching the videos.

http://www.lantac-usa.com/

First, I never really thought my AR needed a muzzle brake. The recoil and muzzle rise are minimal at best with the stock A2 flash hider. But, like I said It had been a while since I bolted anything new on it and the Dragon sure looked cool.

It arrived in the mail nicely packaged with a crush washer and a small tube of Frog Lube tucked into it. Replacing the flash hider isnt rocket science but detailed instructions were included.

Once at the range I sent a B27 target out to aprox 7 yds and fired a shot. My first impression; Holy Crap! The rifle barely moved. I immediately tried doubles, triples and even some 10 round bursts as quickly as I could pull the trigger. Prior to installation my doubles/triples would usually end up about 2-3in apart. With the Dragon they were all less than an inch apart.

Downside; It is loud. Shooting it indoors I had to get the muzzle out in front of the booth or the concussion was quite severe. You dont want to be standing next to someone running one of these.

I am very impressed with how well the Dragon worked. Im going to head out to tekemah in the next couple of weeks and really run it through various drills, near and far. I will post the results.

- Shawn

"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com