< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I started a petition on WH.gov...  (Read 1175 times)

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
I started a petition on WH.gov...
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
I posted to my Facebook.

"I, Kevin Gillen have exercised my right to petition my government. I have started a petition on whitehouse.gov, requesting that the pay of the Congress, White House and their staffs be frozen until a budget is reached as opposed to delaying both military and Social Security checks if a continuing resolution is not passed. Please sign and share it, my birthday is Wednesday, and this is all I ask of you.

http://wh.gov/l2MGb

It won't appear on the Whitehouse page until it reaches enough signatures, so if you sign it, please repost this, or the Link. If you look at the bottom of it, it says K.G. Omaha NE... I am not re-posting this for a friend, I DID THIS. Why should our military and retirees suffer because the folks in Washington D.C. can"t do the right thing? Please take a second and do this for our nation."

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
Re: I started a petition on WH.gov...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »
Nice...not bad...simple, yet very direct.

Though...when did they start requiring a registration? I don't remember that earlier this year when I signed a different one.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
Not 100% sure when the requirement began. I kept it short sweet and to the point because it's a pretty simple idea, didn't want to put anyone to sleep with extraneous language...kids these days with their short attention spans and all. Please share it.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:13:50 PM »
Already shared... Don't have facebook or anything, but maybe my wife will on her facebook.

Yeah, sad how things are with these "right now" people.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
It is up to 35 signatures, needs 150 to appear on the page without using the link. Thank you to those who have signed and shared. It only takes a couple minutes to do, please consider signing, and sharing the link with anyone and everyone. Thank you!!

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 06:36:02 AM »
We're upto 46. Thank you those who have signed and shared, please continue to do so. 150 and it becomes searchable/visible on the site. We can do it!

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 01:17:43 AM »
 :-[ Shutdown.  Darn them congress critters.
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX