< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chronographs  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Chronographs
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
Let's have a discussion about chronographs

Right now I am leaning towards the purchase of a Competition Electronics Prochrono Digital model as it is reviewed as a good shothell chronograph, as well as a great value for rifle and pistol testing, and I do both.

I was very interested after reading this review

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=115995
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Chronographs
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »
I have 1 1/2 Chrony chronographs (Alpha model with remote)....... put a 230 grain .45 bullet into it........ they replaced the damaged portion  for 30 bucks ......

It works.  It is inexpensive (Like $120, IIRC. )
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »
The people at Chrony explained to me that the expensive part of the unit was the computer chip.... which was in the remote display...... they also sell cheaper units w/o the remote.  Had I bought one of those and shot it, I'd had to buy a whole new Chrony...... just something to think about.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »
+1 For the Chrony Master which I am an owner of.
The corded display/Brain is a plus this with the push button option for scanning through your shots.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »
I have heard many reports of the Chrony line having problems with shotshells, So I bought a Competition Electronics Prochrono Pal.  Next time out to the rifle range i will be checking loads
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Toster

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:02:58 AM »
Dan how do you like the Competition Electronics Chronograph?  I have been looking at them and some people like the CE, but seems most people go with the Chrony or CED...why did you go with the CE? 

I would like something to go into some type of reloading software and record the results.  I have been playing with the Point Blank Ballistics program.  Free from here...http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3  seems pretty good for most things, I love the print outs, they are very nice.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
I got the CE pal. I only need the basics, and I have a few owners say they work better with shot shells
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder