< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: October USPSA match at ENGC on 10/6  (Read 3197 times)

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
Re: October USPSA match at ENGC on 10/6
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
My unsolicited break down of stage 2.

First, I only fully mapped out two ways to shoot it.

I got sucked into moving left, for some reason I had it in my head I had to get at least 3 targets from there, so might as well take a extra step on see if I could get 2 more before I had to reload on my way to the right and get 5 more. I think this really cost some time.

On the right I wanted to pick three targets, the obvious two, plus the one real tight to the wall. Now reload to the gap on the left pick up two and finish the last three from there.

I get a little hung up on shooting from positions and minimizing reloads, ie, I have to go here so how many targets can I engage before I move to point B because I want a full mag when I get there.  (not saying I am adverse to reloading when I have to move, this stage I figured I need no more than two).

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:52:10 PM by camus »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: October USPSA match at ENGC on 10/6
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
So how did you, probably the best pistol shooter in the state, zero a classifier ?:o

I don't think I'd claim that title.  And I _certainly_ wouldn't claim it based on my shooting yesterday!

No, I completely blew the classifier.  It was a 6-round virginia count stage, which means---ONLY six rounds.  No makeup shots. Three targets, two rounds each---two targets were mostly no-shoot, the other was a headshot-only target due to hardcover.

Massive amounts of room for complete and utter failure, which I completely proceeded to do.  In my defense (look, here comes the excuses!) my support arm is damaged plus I'm an idiot.

Oh wait, that last part isn't much of an excuse.

I simply went too fast and pulled two misses.  That's enough to zero the stage.  I drew, pulled the trigger saying to myself "Why am I doing this, the sights aren't on target?" put the second one on the target, put two in the middle head, then transitioned to the third target and pulled the trigger as I said to myself "Why are you pulling the trigger, your gun isn't to the target yet!" and then put the last shot on the target.

So:  18 points (from four hits, which means I actually got three A-hits and only one B-hit on all headshots where I actually hit the head) minus 20 points for the two mikes.  So, ZERO. 

Along with my 12 new friends who did the same.  We were all idiots---the people who succeeded on that stage didn't try to rush, they simply took the time to get good hits.

Slow but NON-ZERO oddly enough does better.

How did you get a U classification with all the matches you've shot?? ???

Clerical error.  My USPSA number got dropped out at registration somehow, so no classification.  It is being fixed, which will be a mixed blessing---I'll get to see my stats from the match, but at the same time I'll have my first ever 0% listing in my classification stats.

Yay.

Ah well.  I suppose it had to happen sometime.  Of course, right before I head off to Nationals isn't really the best time to tank stages...
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com