< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Defend Nebraska Banquet  (Read 6974 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Defend Nebraska Banquet
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »
I understand the confusion on this.   It's not the NFOA putting on this event.  This is a separate organization from the NFOA.  This is the Political Action Foundation, which is related but separate.  Since you brought up the NRA as an example, think of the NFOA-PAF like the  NRA-ILA.

The NFOA is not able to get involved in elections.   This PAF was created so that pro gun candidates might be elected and anti-gun candidates defeated.   Sadly, that is difficult to do without associating with politicians at these types of events.

The rules on carrying are dictated by state law, not decisions made by anyone related to the NFOA or NFOA-PAF. 

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:34:39 PM by RLMoeller »

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »
How about we do this; let's discuss with the politicians in attendance  about how the state law disarms we individuals at such events.  That's their job is to listen to our concerns and act accordingly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:49:29 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Critter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 03:15:16 PM »
Thank you for the clarification.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
If anyone wanted to go but didn't get a meal ticket in time, I have an extra.
My girl decided there was something more important than Liberty. Yeah I don't get it either. Mother's influence?
Contact me at 402 560-0831
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »
Solution.....open carry

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
Thought about that too. I decided to go the empty holster route.  ;)

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 12:23:06 AM »
This is a fundraiser by our PAC (Political Action Committee), where politicians will be giving speeches and trying to get your support.  There is no doubt that this is a political rally, pretty much anything the PAC does is a political rally.  There is some openings on some other fundraisers but politicians would not be speaking at those.

I would argue that the event tonight was not a "political rally," a term left undefined by the Legislature, but the common meaning of which is a public political demonstration.

The reason that concealed carry would have been prohibited at the NFOA-PAF event is that it was a political fundraiser, which is another type of political event mentioned in the limitations imposed on permitholders in 69-2441(1)(a)

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 07:01:10 AM »
WOO HOOO!  That was a HOOT folks! Great Food. Great Conversation. And (unfortunately?) Great Auction Items and fun Auctioneers. Yes I came home with a lighter wallet this morning, as did many folks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:28:36 PM by NE Bull »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:34 PM »
WOO HOOO!  That was a HOOT folks! Great Food. Great Conversation. And (unfortunately?) Great Auction Items and fun Auctioneers. Yes I came with a lighter wallet this morning, as did many folks.

I second all of that. It was great fun. Boy, though, you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a politician in that place. :)

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
We had to leave early due to my Amateur Radio support of the Bellevue Veteran's Day Parade on Saturday and an 0430 alarm clock. We left during the Boy Scout portion. I will say that we did enjoy the event and look forward to future events like this one.
WØCHF

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
What? How did I miss ya, Greybeard? Maybe cause you was all cleaned up and not on your bike? ;)

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »
Thanks to all the folks who put this together. It was great to put some faces with the forum handles and talk guns with some great people.