< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 6th graders in Colorado required to take Right / Left quiz  (Read 739 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
6th graders in Colorado required to take Right / Left quiz
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
Teachers in Colorado gave a test to students in the 6th grade and sent it home for them to have their parents take the test with the student to determine their 'political' leanings........

http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/10/colorado-6th-graders-parents-required-to-take-rightyleftysurvey/

>:D :angry:

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: 6th graders in Colorado required to take Right / Left quiz
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »
Wow! So many levels of wrong. Look at how slanted the wording is on the questions. This is a great reminder to me of why I ask my girls often about what is happening at school. I also take every opportunity to interact with the teachers and administrators that they provide. There are many teachers in my family and their stories of completely uninvolved parents tell me where we are headed in this country. Dark days are ahead, folks. 

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: 6th graders in Colorado required to take Right / Left quiz
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:03 PM »
My only question is, what is the purpose of the test?

Without that one cannot determine the educational worth of the quiz.  Absent some educational purpose for the students then the quiz is meaningless, unless there is another purpose that is not being discussed.  I know that many here will immediately jump to the conclusion that liberal academia is rearing its intrusive ugly head, and in Colorado I would suspect the same.  But there is that very small chance that there is an educational aspect to this quiz that is not known or reported. 

I’d like to see a follow up for the reasons for the quiz before I start pointing fingers.
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX