< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Crossing Confirmed As A "Gun Free Zone"  (Read 16278 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Nebraska Crossing Confirmed As A "Gun Free Zone"
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
As for the "not infringing rights" that is correct. Only the government infringes rights. Citizens contract rights away all the time. I don't have to like it though, or patronize them.
I really should know better than to argue law with you, but

While it may not be an infringement of our rights per se, In my opinion it is no different than a business choosing to illegally discriminate  based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, and genetic information, or to make reprisals for protected activity of a number of fundamental civil rights, and the Supremes have ruled that the 2nd amendment is a fundamental right
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
You have read my mind, Dan.
The thought ran thru my mind the other night that we should run a Anti- discrimination campaign.
The Liberty Minded, Gun Toting, God Fearing, American Patriot is being discriminated against.
What "They" don't understand is we are not the Minority they would like to believe we are.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
I received this email today:

From Nebraska Crossing Today:

Hi Wilson,

The ownership is willing to reconsider the policy. We will be having a tenant meeting earlier next week to discuss this and we've also reviewed the NFM policy with them today.

We will be in touch soon.

Thank you,
Nebraska Crossing Outlets
www.nexoutlets.com

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 10:02:15 PM »
From NFOA Facebook page:

Exciting news!!

We recently received and email from Nebraska Crossing Outlets indicating they are reconsidering their position on lawful concealed carry.

This is a direct result of YOU!! Thanks to all your phone calls, emails, and other contacts, the management of this fine establishment is beginning to see the light, but the fight is not over! Let them know you will happily patronize their businesses should they decide to allow lawful concealed carry.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline BT1288

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »
I received this email today:

From Nebraska Crossing Today:

Hi Wilson,

The ownership is willing to reconsider the policy. We will be having a tenant meeting earlier next week to discuss this and we've also reviewed the NFM policy with them today.

We will be in touch soon.

Thank you,
Nebraska Crossing Outlets
www.nexoutlets.com

That's some encouraging new, good job everyone.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »
That is great news!

Dan,
The difference, at least the way the law stands, is that people who carry are not a protected class. Generally, protected classes have an "immutable" characteristic. They can't be changed by the person that has them (religion gets weird, but as a person of faith, I can see the argument that it is immutable). A CHP holder can choose whether or not to carry. A white person can't choose to be black and a person born in China can't change the fact that they were not born in Brazil.

I have a right to free speech, but you can ban me from this site for what I say because it is a privately operated forum and I am a guest. Same goes for real property. You have a right to to speech and religion, but that doesn't mean you can just hold a religious service or rally in their parking lot without their permission.

When two sets of rights come into conflict, a property owner on one side and a gun owner on the other, the government (imho) should stay out and let the market do its work. We are Adam Smith's invisible hand and our emails, FB posts, and tweets put the economic pressure on the property owners to rethink their position and hopefully results in them reaching the right decision.

As for what that means for our states carry laws, I think private property owners should be able to ban carrying. I think I should remain free to not patronize them if they do. I also think the law should be changed so that carrying on posted property is NOT a crime. We should have the rule a lot of other states have where the property owner can ask me to leave and, if I don't, have me charged with trespassing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:25:58 PM by Husker_Fan »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
I also think the law should be changed so that carrying on posted property is a crime

I think you left out a "not" in there but otherwise a good response. I was not considering the " immutable characteristic " aspect
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »
Whoops. That's a bit of a typo. :)

And thanks for not banning me!

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »
Fixed it. Must clicked the wrong button as hafltime was ending.

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
Since we are in discussion mode, I believe that even though the 2nd Amendment is a Right, and we are restricted by the States to "Permits", that these permits should be honored across state lines just like drivers licenses and marriage licenses! We have to jump through enough hoops to get them.
WØCHF

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »
A question could be posed to the management of the complex....   

"Would you be willing / interested in having a BOD member from the NFOA speak at the tenants meeting so that factual information could be shared and not hype or misinformed rumor?" 

Offline webtrekker

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »
In my email to them this morning thanking them for setting up a tenant meeting to discuss and asked/suggested that they invite someone to represent our side. 
I don't expect a reply, but thought it was worth sending anyway.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
A question could be posed to the management of the complex....   

"Would you be willing / interested in having a BOD member from the NFOA speak at the tenants meeting so that factual information could be shared and not hype or misinformed rumor?" 
That's a GREAT IDEA - ROD?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
thats a great idea.  if we are asked to the table, i would start off asking what they know about CC and then destroy their stupid biased notions with facts and what hoops we have to jump through to get a permit.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
thats a great idea.  if we are asked to the table, i would start off asking what they know about CC and then destroy their stupid biased notions with facts and what hoops we have to jump through to get a permit.

Just don't start off by saying "I'm the only one in this room professional enough..."

Seriously though, I would pose two simple questions. 

By show of hands, how many people here know of a person with a concealed carry permit committing a crime that they could not have otherwise committed without a permit? 

By show of hands, how many people here know of the carnage that has occurred in so called "gun free zones" across the nation in recent years?

The hands raised for the first question will be limited, while the hands raised on the second question should be the entire room.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
Of course I'm willing to participate if invited.

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
  • I'm just a girl with a glock.
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2013, 10:55:51 PM »
Keep us updated!  And thanks for saving me a trip on my Christmas shopping rounds...
You have more confidence than a woman in a tampon commercial...
*Michelle*

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 10:28:44 PM »
i unwilling plunged myself into the belly of the anti-carry beast today.  i saw lots of shoppers, but no anti-CC signs.  no signs on doors or any thing and trust me i looked while my wife and i walked around.

i did see some security.  was never close enough to see if they were carrying anything (taser, gun, mace).  but from the ones i saw, i would not trust my life with them.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 11:31:14 PM »
Just don't start off by saying "I'm the only one in this room professional enough..."
Come on now - the man said "I'm the only one in this room perfessional enough" -- sheesh.  ;D

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2013, 03:13:18 AM »
i unwilling plunged myself into the belly of the anti-carry beast today.  i saw lots of shoppers, but no anti-CC signs.  no signs on doors or any thing and trust me i looked while my wife and i walked around.

i did see some security.  was never close enough to see if they were carrying anything (taser, gun, mace).  but from the ones i saw, i would not trust my life with them.

Interesting, good to know.