< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Crossing Confirmed As A "Gun Free Zone"  (Read 16277 times)

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Re: Nebraska Crossing Confirmed As A "Gun Free Zone"
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2013, 06:40:10 AM »
They  are not responding to my emails about their decision.  If it isn't posted perhaps they had a change of heart.     :)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
I very much doubt they would publicize their decision, regardless of what decision was made.

I have heard multiple reports of no signs, precisely zero reports of any signs, so far as I am concerned, they allow lawful concealed carry.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
I very much doubt they would publicize their decision, regardless of what decision was made.

I have heard multiple reports of no signs, precisely zero reports of any signs, so far as I am concerned, they allow lawful concealed carry.

This.  They won't have an epiphany moment on 2A rights.  They didn't understand it before, and they likely have no better understanding now.  All they know is there was a large negative response to their announcement and they decided, in the interest of profits, to not put up the signs.

Their other concern is offending the other segment of society that is anti-gun.  So the best course of action is to quietly do nothing.

Works for me.

Fly
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:46:28 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »
So, now, if there are zero signs we should really just drop it. The last thing we should do is to press them into a corner and have them put signs up out of spite. In my letter to them I said the best thing about reversing their policy is to simply take down the signs, no announcement needed. As a private business with the ability to post we should be happy that we were able to organize a groundswell resulting in no signs.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:56:33 PM by AWick »
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »
.  So the best course of action is to quietly do nothing.

They still have a listing on the Unfriendly Business List to deal with if they want the NFOA membership to call off the dogs.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
If there are no signs then there is restriction or reason to be in the Unfriendly List.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2013, 04:10:09 PM »
If there are no signs then there is restriction or reason to be in the Unfriendly List.
Perhaps... But, with their known stated attitude, there is also no reason to remove the existing listing
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »
As excited as I was for the Crossing to be renovated and see a renewal on the property- they just keep giving real hard working Americans more and more reason not to shop there. :

""Some shoppers at Nebraska Crossing were shocked to know that a 1.95% occupation tax was added to their receipt even before the state’s 7 % sales tax, bringing their tax total to nearly 9%.""

http://www.jrn.com/kmtv/news/Nebraska-Crossing-Occupation-Tax-Baffling-Some-Buyers--233644101.html
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
Not my call, but I take the lack of signage as a victory. They may be required to have a no weapons clause in their leases by an insurer. In that case, they couldn't say what we want to hear and pushing hard may force them to put signs up.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
There was absolutely no legal reason that Nebraska Crossings had to make a public announcement of their anti gun stance, but since they did I think they need to publicly rescind that stance.

My guess is they figured they had nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I am sure they expected that they would be praised for their position but instead they found out that the law abiding gun owners in Nebraska have a very strong and effective grass roots group that knows how to push back

I see no reason to back off of our principles of not supporting anti gun businesses, especially the ones that make a public announcement like Nebraska Furniture Mart did when the Concealed Handgun Act was first passed. They chose to make a big a thing of their anti CCW stance and even put up signs before the law was in effect.

NFM now understands the error of that kind of thinking, and Nebraska Crossings soon will too
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »

Nailed it, my mindset as well.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
While driving by Nebraska Crossing today, I noticed very ample parking so I drove in, stopped, and walked around. I didn't see any signage which was pleasing to me.

It's a nice place and I look forward to them not ever putting the signs up if they really bought them.

Thanks so much to everyone coming out of the woodwork on this!

Until the signs are posted.....play nice    ;D

Wilson

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2013, 05:22:30 PM »
Way to go folks.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »
Didn't   they state in the news piece that were not going to be any traditional signs  but that it was going to be posted in the rules on the digital kiosks ?  Has anyone checked those?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2013, 03:33:37 AM »
Didn't   they state in the news piece that were not going to be any traditional signs  but that it was going to be posted in the rules on the digital kiosks ?  Has anyone checked those?

Does that even count, legal-wise?

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2013, 04:13:28 AM »
Does that even count, legal-wise?
Without a specification for signage, it's a very gray area. Depends on if the business wants to push the issue and the local LEO and/or prosecutor interprets the law. 
Sadly, if we can't fix it in the Capital, then we are going to have wait for a test case and ( hopefully) fix it in the courts.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2013, 05:02:27 PM »
From what I've heard from people the prices aren't all that good in some stores and in fact the Under Armour stores prices were higher than Cabelas and Scheels a few weeks ago!