< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln yard and leaf cleanup - Know a good service?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Lincoln yard and leaf cleanup - Know a good service?
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
I usually do all the yard maintenance myself, but there have been some serious health problems in the family this last month, I gave away my old mower since I am buying a new one in the spring, and I am looking for someone to pickup the  leaves that have fallen in my yard.

If any members in the Lincoln area do this kind of work or have a "guy" that does it, let me know and I will see if I can hire this out before the snow flies.

I do have a nephew that helps me out with this at times, but I think this years crop may be a bit much for him to do all alone
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Lincoln yard and leaf cleanup - Know a good service?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
I've a couple non- professional leaf rakers that might could help this weekend if you don't find someone.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »
i might be free to help Sun afternoon.  i have a mower and rakes.  im sure other NFOA'ers would help out.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »
I believe I will be around part of Sunday too.  A larger group would be good since Dan has Pin Oaks = LOTS of leaves.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »
So we all meet up at Dan's place tomorrow?  Mid morning?  Bring rakes, pickup truck, ???  I may be able to get a trailer with tall sides, or are we bagging them?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »
So we all meet up at Dan's place tomorrow?  Mid morning?  Bring rakes, pickup truck, ???  I may be able to get a trailer with tall sides, or are we bagging them?

Whatever Dan would prefer.  If we are dumping them in a trailer/truck, I can bring a plastic barrel to scoop them into and dump in truck.  That would go pretty quick. 

So is "mid-morning" 0600, or are you talking a more leisurely time...say 1000?  ;D

Fly

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
Thanks guys, but I have a leaf vacuum guy hired. He is coming by at 4pm
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
I was really touched by the offers of help, and I will not forget that I have made great friends here.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »

Wow, these guys made a 2 day job happen in 2 hours. It really does make a difference when you have the right tools for the job
http://www.frerichstreeservice.com/Services.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frerichs-Tree-Service/107851412628361
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
DANG DAN!  were you hording all the neighbor's leaves too?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »
DANG DAN!  were you hording all the neighbor's leaves too?

Like I said..."Pin Oaks = LOTS of leaves".  And the good news is that they will still be falling come March.

Fly
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:14:31 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »
Fly is right...in this neighborhood you are never really done with the leaves... But the pic is from their website.

But honestly, I kinda like the way this guy operates.

I can rake or blow everything out to the curb myself and they come by and suck it all up, and they estimate they price by the work they do. No need to buy 60-75 leaf bags or pay the trash hauler extra for grass and leaf pickup. The big vacuum sucks it all up and away they go.

And the cost is quite fair considering I paid my nephew $50 to "help me" rake and clean up the yard and it would take at least two days, then I had to haul all the bags to the curb after Dec 1st to avoid the Lincoln yard waste ban.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »
And the cost is quite fair considering I paid my nephew $50 to "help me" rake...

You had to pay him?!  I would have done it for 100 rounds of .223.   ;D

Fly