< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: So sent Cheif Peshong a e-mail....  (Read 11682 times)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: So sent Cheif Peshong a e-mail....
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »
The Old Boy Network Strikes Again ........  "I do not know you. " ...Betchta he'd sign off on his buddy's kid's (thug) boyfriend, though- he "knows" him.....  "Equality Before The Law" is writ in stone on the side of the Capitol building ..... down here on Earth?  Not so much.....

I was talking to a guy one day about NFA stuff and he said the sheriff signed off on a form for a AOW for him. He said it was quiet some time ago but he did sign it. I don't think this guys was part of the old boys network but I do think that their rules have changed...

I think we need to pursue this.

I have been patiently sitting back waiting until the "June" date. So we can see what will happen.

AmericanReaper was working on something but did not give any details. He did not want to push anything until after the ATF released there info.

I would be willing to continue to work on this. I already started a list of judges but haven't really done anything with it.

I started all of this because timing is was not right for me to get into the NFA hobby which I still want to and the timing is not any better right now. By the time I am ready the ATF could have everything all screwed up. I would like to make sure that I have avenues to start this hobby when I am ready!

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »
I'm no english composition teacher, but more safe / safer.....

then maybe at the end say PS, its for our children
ok that part was a joke

If you were reading my letter my grammar and overall English sucks! CitizenClarks letter is very well written and sounds 10x better then mine.  ;D

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:05 AM »
Tomorrow is the beginning of April(duh) approximately 2 mounts away from when it was expected that the ATF would release a ruling on 41P. So I did a little Google search to see if I could come up with any updates. One of the first hits was a mid January post from the American Silencer Association. It sounds like the efforts of about 8500 people need to be answered.

http://americansilencerassociation.com/an-update-on-41p/

An Update on 41P

Written by ASA on January 15, 2014 - Comments

On January 14th, the Board of the American Silencer Association met with the leadership of the NFA Branch of the ATF. The meeting was cordial and productive, with the focus of the conversation centered on ATF 41P. After SHOT Show, we will post a full debrief of the meeting. For now, we would like to give you a brief update.

In all, there were 9,504 comments received on the Federal Register. Of those, around 1,000 were disqualified for vulgarity, anonymity, or non-applicability. As you know, the overwhelming majority of comments were in opposition to the proposed CLEO signoff requirement. The ASA comment can be viewed here: ASA Comment

The standard timeframe for a final ruling is generally six months after the close of the comment period. However, because of the overwhelming amount of comments submitted, the final ruling will likely take at least a year to be issued. This is because each qualified comment must be responded to by the ATF in writing. With nearly 8,500 qualified comments, this will take quite some time.

After the final ruling is issued, there are generally 60 days before implementation. Until the ruling is released, we will not know if forms that are already in the transfer process will be exempt from the proposed requirements. However, if history is an example, it is likely that all forms received by the ATF prior to the implementation of the final regulation will be exempt.

The ASA is proud to represent this industry, and proud to have your support. Were it not for your comments, the CLEO signoff would have easily passed. Your efforts have made the administration think twice about requiring the antiquated and unnecessary signoff requirements for all transfers. The ASA will continue to work to ensure that it is removed. With your help, we will succeed!

Can the ATF timeline be trusted?

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 06:16:18 PM »
I haven't been as active on these forums as I was because some folks (none on this string) have rubbed me the wrong way.  However, I check in from time to time and find this topic of keen interest as I have been considering a muffler.  The cost is what has kept me from pursuing it, but now I see, as a resident in Lancaster County, that there were more hoops to jump through than I knew.  I really had no idea how Peshong felt but WOW is he drinking the Piers Morgan KoolAid!?. I am very frustrated by this and wonder what I could do.  Anyone want to tell me what I could do to help this situation?

Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »
I'm glad this topic brought you out of the wood work. Right now this subject is really setting idle. No one is working on anything at least working on anything that they are willing to talk about in forums. I have a list made of all of the CLEO that can sign NFA forums for us. As of right now 41p doesn't matter you can still get NFA toys under trusts but if the ATF decides that they need to change policy suddenly we are screwed in Lancaster county.  RL put this topic into the last board of director meeting and they talked about possibly pushing for legislation next year like Kansas has and going and informing people what there endorsement really means. But my question is how do we know who to target of we send our questionnaires to these people... so right now.... sit back and relax

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »
Any updates on this, ( I mean the 41P proposal, I know there is now a bill in the Legislature regarding CLEO signoff)?

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »
Is Lincoln in a different state?  I was under the impression the County Sheriff is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in any county in Nebraska.

Does Lancaster County have a law or ordinance superseding the Sheriff's authority for Lincoln?

Out here where the sun sets on the State, it is the County Sheriff even in towns with a local police force.  Is there a population threshold?

What's the deal?

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
there are several people who can act as a CLEO for NFA paperwork.  in Lancaster county, everyone says no.  that is why the NFA Shall sign bill in the Legislature would be great if it would pass... and 41P goes away.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official