< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska lawmaker to introduce school guns bill  (Read 3203 times)

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Nebraska lawmaker to introduce school guns bill
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
 LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska lawmakers are likely to revisit the idea of allowing teachers to carry guns in school next year, but the proposal will again face strong opposition.

State Sen. Mark Christensen of Imperial said he plans to introduce legislation that could allow teachers to bring concealed weapons into classrooms when lawmakers convene in January. A similar bill died in committee two years ago, but Christensen said he's preparing a new version with additional requirements before teachers or school administrators could qualify.

More at the link

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131124/NEWS/131129242/1687

\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Nebraska lawmaker to introduce school guns bill
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »
SWEET!!!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 03:37:03 PM »
This proposal will require us to call, write, and otherwise make our voices heard like no other since concealed carry was proposed in Nebraska.  As an educator and FORMER member of NSEA I was never polled about having teachers carry.  Prepare to hear how completely untrustworthy and unable to control our rage that teachers have.  Apparently the president of the NSEA didn't hear that gunmen don't care about her wishes and signage.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
YES! We need to get even more fired up than we did over the Nebraska Crossing issue!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
This proposal will require us to call, write, and otherwise make our voices heard like no other since concealed carry was proposed in Nebraska.  As an educator and FORMER member of NSEA I was never polled about having teachers carry.  Prepare to hear how completely untrustworthy and unable to control our rage that teachers have.  Apparently the president of the NSEA didn't hear that gunmen don't care about her wishes and signage.

As gun owners we've had all of that and more said about us for a long time.  :o

Biggest Problem this will face is getting it past Uncle Ernie.  :'(

This Needs to be written and supported By Nebraska residents......any reference to the NRA needs to be kept as far away as possable Senator Chambers seems to have a Real problem with anything proposed, backed or supported by the NRA.

I'm not saying that we can't use or need their support on this ...but we need it to get past committee and introducted to the floor first.
Then we can have them step in to help us support this.

If we could find some way to get Senator Chambers to support this it would be even better.
For that what we need is an argument/idea/or example about just how this bill will help to support, protect and not cause harm to school children in north Omaha area.

We will need to have a well thought out and debunked argument just for him before anyone steps in front of him with this bill. 

We will really need all our ducks in a row for any others too before this is introduced.

If we (the NFOA) support and back this we'll need to make a Thread and argue this back and forth between ourselves to make sure we can cover all of those both for and against it......

We'll have to work out any bugs and try to anticapate any opposition to this before it happens and have our counter points all ready and completely as possible thought out before hand.

So that any Counter points we have ready can be delivered and hopefully counter any argument's offered against it.   

I'm sure I'm rambling here but this is just how i see it. 
I'm sure others here can add to or subtract from this as needed.  ;)

Opps...... I guess the Media will drive this one i see Channel 7 did a lead on it tonights 10 pm news
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:07:56 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
You can also add the NRA website reporting on sfgate reporting of this now too

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Nebraska-lawmaker-to-introduce-school-guns-bill-5007827.php
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
If we could find some way to get Senator Chambers to support this it would be even better.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ummm....don't hold your breath.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »
So i cant offer him a cut up t shirt for his support?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
I will help fight the good fight, but I don't hold any hope for this legislation making it out of the common sense black hole a.k.a. the judiciary committee. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
I will help fight the good fight, but I don't hold any hope for this legislation making it out of the common sense black hole a.k.a. the judiciary committee. 

Fly
You're probably right.  We need to educate.  Point out how Utah has had teachers carry for years without a single incident.  The Sandy Hook report today helps us.  The response time was over 11 minutes.  That's a long time for kids to be defenseless.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
Even worse is that the response time was 5 minutes, but after they got there and heard more shots fired they waited 6 minutes before entering the rear boiler room and another 2 minutes after that when they entered the front doors. It was 15 minutes before they before they started evacuating students.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
Even worse is that the response time was 5 minutes, but after they got there and heard more shots fired they waited 6 minutes before entering the rear boiler room and another 2 minutes after that when they entered the front doors. It was 15 minutes before they before they started evacuating students.

15 minutes is several lifetimes...absolutely NO pun intended.  15 minutes is enough for a deranged person with limited capacity seven round magazines to kill lots of helpless, innocent little lives. 

Sickening that this stuff happens and that the lawmakers only pass feel good laws to "prevent" another occurrence.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
It is true that since a number of other states have started to allow carry in school, we are now starting to be able to amass a significant amount of data to debunk all of the "CCW people would be a DANGER to the CHILDREN!" criers.

I don't have much hope that it'll pass this year --- but then again, we didn't get CCW in one year, either.  So we still try, and put out the REAL data, and convince a couple of people at a time, and eventually we get there.

Eventually.  [sigh]  Hopefully, no one will get killed in the meantime.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
No way will the arch traitor Ernie Chambers support any law that would allow innocent people to be protected by armed civilians.  He is as hostile to that form of freedom as Marx is to capitalism.  Any thinking person who looks at this issue can see that those who make sure no good guys are armed in schools have blood all over their hands; in fact their hands are filthy with blood.  And those like Chambers don't care; their self deception and hatred of freedom override any feelings of compassion a decent person would have.

So I would not recommend groveling before Chambers and his ilk by doing things like being afraid to mention the NRA (which stands for Never Relinquish America).  These traitors will never do anything but block all attempts to arm nongovernment good guys, including teachers, no matter how patriots present our position to them.

Anyone capable of independent thought should be able to see that carrying a gun is less dangerous than driving a car.  So if teachers are not competent to be armed, they are likewise not competent to drive a car close to the school.  But common sense apparently has no place in the legislative process.

I'll contact my state senator and do what I can, but if traitors like Chambers are able to rally enough sheep among the legislature, our efforts will fail.  So the question is how many of our state senators are as hostile to freedom as Chambers, or mindless sheep who will follow him.  If he can stop something like this by himself, something is seriously wrong with our legislative process.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:23:04 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
It seldom is just Chambers locking it up.  All it takes is one sideways glance from Ernie at Ashat to insure his silence if not support.  Chambers will never see this as anything but arming racist white teachers so they can shoot poor defenseless black students.  That's just the way he sees the world and anyone who doesn't see things his way is obviously a racist. 

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 11:04:33 AM »
From the Dictionary of Liberal Doublespeak:

Racism: 1. Nonacceptance of liberal dogma, leading to noncompliance with liberal doctrine.  2. Believing that the US Constitution is and ought to be the law, that it means what its words and authors say it means, and that those who serve in government are supposed to be bound by that law.  3. The belief that government should not impose discrimination based on race, that all races should be treated equally, and that government should not engage in wealth redistribution.

It helps to understand the language of liberalism when dealing with the likes of Chambers.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.