< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open Carrier at Chilis - 84th st.  (Read 5091 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Open Carrier at Chilis - 84th st.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
I'm anti-@$$%ole.   (Please pardon the term, but it is a specific fit.)

In aviation, we say "Alpha Hotel" to keep it polite and on the down-low.  ;)

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
  • I'm just a girl with a glock.
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »
HOORAY!  This thread makes me happy...even if not everyone agrees with my reasoning on OC. *pouts.*

I've open carried for the last year, and I have yet to see a fellow OC advocate here in Lincoln.  Hope to run into someone soon.  It would be nice to see some fellow female OCers. 

P.S.  I'm not an a$$%ole open-carrier, though I am little and brown, and getting wrinkly, too.  ;D
You have more confidence than a woman in a tampon commercial...
*Michelle*

Offline Dave67h

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »
HOORAY!  This thread makes me happy...even if not everyone agrees with my reasoning on OC. *pouts.*

I've open carried for the last year, and I have yet to see a fellow OC advocate here in Lincoln.  Hope to run into someone soon.  It would be nice to see some fellow female OCers. 

P.S.  I'm not an a$$%ole open-carrier, though I am little and brown, and getting wrinkly, too.  ;D

You OC in Lincoln? What kind of reactions do you typically get?

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »
You OC in Lincoln? What kind of reactions do you typically get?
I do!  I'm a little passionate about (proper) open-carry.
I would say that many people don't even notice I'm carrying.  The majority of those that do are usually curious.  Many people ask me about why I carry or ask me if I'm law enforcement.  Kids generally notice more than adults (it's at their eye-level).  The grocery stores, clothing stores, and gas station employees where I frequent are very supportive of my choice to open carry.  I've had two middle-aged women get upset when I was open-carrying.  One tried to pick a fight with me, the other informed a manager of the store we were in (who informed her that I wasn't doing anything wrong).  Two business I go to have "No Concealed Weapon" signs posted, and the managers have told me that they don't mind me being armed as long as I'm not concealing.  One stranger asked me to marry him because I OC...which was a little awkward.
I don't know if people's responses would differ if I was male, but I have been surprised at how positive people have been in their reactions.
*Michelle*

Offline Dave67h

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
I do!  I'm a little passionate about (proper) open-carry.
I would say that many people don't even notice I'm carrying.  The majority of those that do are usually curious.  Many people ask me about why I carry or ask me if I'm law enforcement.  Kids generally notice more than adults (it's at their eye-level).  The grocery stores, clothing stores, and gas station employees where I frequent are very supportive of my choice to open carry.  I've had two middle-aged women get upset when I was open-carrying.  One tried to pick a fight with me, the other informed a manager of the store we were in (who informed her that I wasn't doing anything wrong).  Two business I go to have "No Concealed Weapon" signs posted, and the managers have told me that they don't mind me being armed as long as I'm not concealing.  One stranger asked me to marry him because I OC...which was a little awkward.
I don't know if people's responses would differ if I was male, but I have been surprised at how positive people have been in their reactions.

Which places have had positive reactions? I'd like to patronize them. Thanks for the write-up. I've open-carried in my car before but yet to actually do it outside of that or my house (just trying to work up the nerve to actually leave my car or house) haha

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
I have open carried on my property (neighbor had a pit bull that wasn't friendly and no fence, and they since moved when the house was repoed).  Yep, great neighbors.  If I OC'd in public, the wife would s^*t bricks.  Rather CC myself, for the above reasons stated. 

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
MissMichella, I'd love to hear the story about the middle aged lady picking a fight!

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
MissMichella, I'd love to hear the story about the middle aged lady picking a fight!
I was OC out and about in a public place, and was aggressively confronted by a random lady.  I'm very careful about how I behave/dress/speak when I OC...ambassador...blah, blah, blah...  There are just some anti-gun people that can't be reasoned with.
She immediately started berating me for carrying and made a scene in front of a whole group of people who didn't seem to have any problem or awareness that I was even armed.  By that time it was pretty much pointless to try to have a polite discussion, and it kind of set me off when she exclaimed to people milling around that I was "crazy."  I don't remember the exact thing I said, but it was something like, "If you really think I'm a crazy lady with a gun then why are you trying to provoke me?  I'm not crazy at all, but if I were...and I was trying to hurt you or your family, what could you do about it?"  Then I left before I could say what I really wanted to... :P
*Michelle*

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 07:57:32 AM »
MissMichella - that was a great response.  Wish I could think that fast on my feet.  I normally have a witty response a couple of days later.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
MissMichella - that was a great response.  Wish I could think that fast on my feet.  I normally have a witty response a couple of days later.

The term for that, which many of us suffer from, is referred as wit of the staircase.  IIRC, it refers to the fact the retort was said as the person it was intended for was on a flight of stairs going away.

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »
Eat there often Nick? Spotted a holster poking out from under a jacket about a month ago, while washing my son's hands in the bathroom. We were served by a later-famous waitstafperson, two examples of controversial freedom in one day.