< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Coming to YOUR town soon?? WAR TRUCKS..  (Read 3863 times)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Coming to YOUR town soon?? WAR TRUCKS..
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
Bingo.  The govt is selling them for pennies on the dollar (some even free you pay shipping) and some departments are buying them for civil unrest. 

I wonder what shipping would be? This would make my morning commute soooo much easier. :)

Scratch that, how about an NFOA group buy? Slap our logo on that puppy and take it to events lol!
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
Slap our logo on that puppy and take it to events lol!

Or, paint it up like a 60's hippy Volkswagen bus with flowers - peace / love - ...https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2PIJr9KgnLcPUaQ1leveZdmF6gFnRWT5GgAqFYxtKO7uxENi-

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
I can remember having a conversation with my dad back in the late 90's about an ad I found in the back of a magazine.  It offered surplus Warsaw Pact 8-wheeled armored personnel carriers for $4500 and I worked hard to get him to go halfsies with me and get one for the farm. "Hey it's a diesel...all-wheel drive...no worries about getting it dirty.."  Sadly my dream ended with his final statement of "Why in the world would anyone really need something like that?"..Ironically he was a retired police officer  ;D

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »

I wonder what shipping would be? This would make my morning commute soooo much easier. :)

Scratch that, how about an NFOA group buy? Slap our logo on that puppy and take it to events lol!

:laugh:  I should have said free if the agency pays shipping.  It's too bad us terrorists can't get one for those prices. 

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »
SWAT teams have raided the wrong house and when the home owner tried to defend himself and his family from a "gang intrusion" they shot him dead.  Too much testosterone on too many SWAT teams.

While I don’t disagree with the majority of what you have to say, one must remember that police agencies (local and federal) have been using armored vehicles for many years.  Upgrading to more contemporary equipment is a rational action, especially if the cost is really low. 

Mr. McVey was meant as a case in point.  He is not, nor will he every be, the lone exception to the rule of “peace on earth”.  We have terrorists in our country, we have some really bad folks here in our own state (mostly in Omaha), and being prepared for dealing with these kinds of people and problems is a part of what law enforcement is all about. 

“TSA & DHS "stop and show us your papers" check points were everywhere.”  No, most likely they would not have made a difference even if they had been active agencies at the time.  I’m happy sticking to my warm little airport terminal thanks, let the cops keep their checkpoints and we will keep ours.
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX