< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Coming to YOUR town soon?? WAR TRUCKS..  (Read 3862 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Coming to YOUR town soon?? WAR TRUCKS..
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:07:30 PM »
Surplus military vehicles that cost $500,000.00 being given to law enforcement agencies.  18 ton, mine resistant, armored vehicles..  They will change the paint scheme from desert tones to the preferred "BLACK".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SURPLUS_ARMORED_TRUCKS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-11-24-11-42-57

Can you see them cruising around on Dodge and North "O"??

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Coming to YOUR town soon?? WAR TRUCKS..
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:03:36 PM »
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
The windows stop bullets, but don't they crack up to the point where you can't see out of them? Some precision fire could make it impossible to see, right?

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
What about PAINTBALLS to all the vision surfaces???   Saves your critical ammo and, if the wipers are used, just smears the paint even worse.... :P :P 

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
 What about the old "banana in the tailpipe" trick?  :P

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:21:39 PM »
Remember WACO?  Janet Reno started the use of Army tanks on American soil to attack (what other word could one use to describe it?) Americans.   

With each President from that time forward, one executive order after another, is cutting down our rights as Americans. 

I was born in the USA, but I barely recognize the place these days.   50's and 60's were heaven, compared to today.

We just passed through the 50th anniversary of the murder of JFK.   November is a hard month for me, emotionally.   I tend to donate lots of money to the NRA about this time of the year.   

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »
Holy jeeze!  What in the FUDGE would a police force need one of those for?  That's just plain ridiculous.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »
Holy jeeze!  What in the FUDGE would a police force need one of those for?  That's just plain ridiculous.

Fly

For all the domestic terrorists on this and other gun forums.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
Here is one retro painted and delivered to a community of 150,000 in California....

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/12/22/new-armored-tank-for-town-police-sparks-fear-war-of-words-89806

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
Surplus military vehicles that cost $500,000.00 being given to law enforcement agencies.  18 ton, mine resistant, armored vehicles..  They will change the paint scheme from desert tones to the preferred "BLACK".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SURPLUS_ARMORED_TRUCKS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-11-24-11-42-57

Can you see them cruising around on Dodge and North "O"??
HMMMM Linky no longer works!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »
NEBull, here is a fresh link to a town in California getting the War Truck on !!

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/12/22/new-armored-tank-for-town-police-sparks-fear-war-of-words-89806

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 05:11:31 PM »

Fly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVay

Because of people like that guy.
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:09 PM »
Don't be too scared of these things.  If Achnod the Afghan goat herder can figure out how to disable them with materials he digs out of garbage dumps, I'm sure good old American ingenuity could figure it out in a pinch.  ;)

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »
I really thought that this was maybe going overboard on the comments, since some departments can use this type of vehicle (gangland and meth labs, etc.) but I was reading a gunzine and they had an article from a County SERT team.  Since I spent 9 years on a team, I thought I would read the article and see what it was about.  Guess what, about three fourths the way through the deputy being interviewed said: "Out in the county there's more woods, more hunters, and longer response times, and all of those things factor into the SERT Mission."  He then went on to say: "its hard for the SERT to approach someone like that with what they have, and they would like to get an Armored Personnel Carrier to help shield the team"

That's right, he did not say bad guys, he said hunters.  !!!!

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »
For all the domestic terrorists on this and other gun forums.

Bingo.  The govt is selling them for pennies on the dollar (some even free you pay shipping) and some departments are buying them for civil unrest. 

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVay

“History is written by the winners.”    Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 07:36:02 AM »
The militarization of local police forces is very disturbing.  I agree that they need the tools to do the job, but MRAP's and heavy weaponry is taking it a little far.  When a department starts to develop a door kicker mindset it's not much of a jump from "protect and serve" to "Obey".  We've already seen an increase in the number of SWAT raids, and a disturbingly high percentage of them have gone awry, resulting in needless damage to property and injury to innocent bystanders.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »

Except "that guy" wouldn't have been stopped by a vehicle like that unless TSA & DHS "stop and show us your papers" check points were everywhere.  I'm pretty sure these anti-civilian tanks can't withstand a blast like the one McVey set off, either.   IMO, it's only purpose is intimidation of the populace.   Swat teams of 5 to 10 officers, heavily armed, shouting orders and knocking down doors at 4 AM, under the pretense of looking for illegal weapons but to actually steal documents without a valid search warrant.
http://jonathanturley.org/2013/10/29/federal-agents-reportedly-raid-reporters-home-in-search-of-illegal-weapons-and-allegedly-question-her-about-prior-negative-stores-and-seize-unrelated-government-documents-and-journalistic-notes/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214708/SWAT-team-smashes-door-holds-suburban-couple-floor-gunpoint--wrong-home.html

etc....

SWAT teams have raided the wrong house and when the home owner tried to defend himself and his family from a "gang intrusion" they shot him dead.  Too much testosterone on too many SWAT teams.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »
The over use of SWAT for nonviolent alleged offenses is alarming! It seems like they're busting down doors at 4am for a littering citation now a days and to the wrong house while they're at it.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.