< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The Most I Ever Paid For A Gun That Won't Shoot  (Read 944 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
The Most I Ever Paid For A Gun That Won't Shoot
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
I have been looking for a 100% safe functioning handgun for classroom instruction, and decided a few months back I wanted a Glock Cutaway.  Being a Glock guy, and a Glock Armorer, seemed like a logical choice.

No firing pin hole in the slide, no working firing pin, but everything else functions normally, with lots of cutaways so the workings inside the pistol are apparent, and transparent. 

Holds rounds in magazine, cycles, pretty much acts normal, except it cannot fire.  Add orange training ammo that will not fire, and you have a great classroom training pistol. 

Found this on GunBroker a week ago, and it became mine this afternoon. 

Way too much money, but what is 100% safe instruction worth?

I have blue non functioning guns, and orange plastic ammo for functioning guns, but in the back of my mind, I wanted more for my students.   A way to show 100% what is expected of them, in 100% safety.

Too bad Glock no longer offers these to firearm instructors teaching Concealed Carry classes. 

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: The Most I Ever Paid For A Gun That Won't Shoot
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
This will replace my functioning trainer I converted from a standard 10mm Glock.   I can now convert it back!

I will do some of the same orange safety markings on the Cutaway, including the orange magazine butt plate and orange slide cover inspection plate.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:25:10 PM by Gary »