< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: eForm 1  (Read 1118 times)

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
eForm 1
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »
Did two EForm 1 on Friday.  Took me 5 hours!  I got a trust setup in a day (Thanks Clark!) and decided to try to slip under the wire of the pending changes, if any.  Don't want to take my chances.

Before I get into too much detail does anyone know how close they look at the trust documents? I uploaded both my trust doc and my cert doc, and realized  the scanned files have the signature pages swapped.  They look the same except on says certification of trust other says revocable trust.   I uploaded my cert just in case.  I figured in worse case they can ignore or call me.  Better too much than too little.

So here how it goes:
First part easy, trust name, etc.
Then you add "line items" which are the actual item to be registered.  GOTCHA 1:  It will let you add as many things as you want BUT if you add more than 1 apparently it will be rejected 3 months.  So only 1 item per form.  It seems intuitive I could register multiple items and pay  multiple stamps in 1 fell swoop but NOPE!

After you add an item it then pops up a box to upload a file, with no description whatsoever what it wants.  I just cancelled out of it.  Ensure your line item shows up, it doesnt always!

Alright down to kinkos to have my trust form scanned.  Resulting file is 15mb.  So I upload it painfully slow.  I use the chrome browser, but it uploads the file 2 or 3 times automatically before it is done.  When it is finally done, I get a nice message the file is too big. 

OK how do you shrink a PDF?  I tried to zip it, but apparently PDF are already pre shrunk so it had little impact.  So off to the net to get a PDF editor.I found one with a free trial called "Nitro Pro 9".  It has an "optimizer"  where you can select the resulting output DPI.  So I repeated the file upload process 3 or 4 times until by trial and error I found the max size is about 2.5 MB.  The resulting PDF is very low resolution and readable, but fuzzy.  I guess you could try splitting up to have a higher resolution but who knows if they would accept it.  BTW after adding a file it doesn't always show up, and I had this happen a couple times for no reason despite being the correct size of file.

Be sure upload the property transfer and property assignment docs.

OK off to the payment section.  I click pay.  It pops up a blank box.  I close it.  The system locks.  Logout, log back in.  go to pay, I pay one time then make sure you click "sign and submit".

Ok for the 2nd form it was much easier already having the docs fixed (and sig pages in correct order).  However when I typed in my CC this time I messed up a digit.  Guess what?  1 failed payment and you have to start over with the whole form!  Scrap it, start over. 

So 4 or 5 hours later I had them submitted and 1 might be rejected because of the sig page swapped between the files.

Its sucks trying to ensure you cross all Ts and dot Is only to have to deal with a bunch of technical garbage distracting you from the details.  It almost seems built to do that....

BTW, I am going to hell for the amount of cussing I did during this process.  But its cool I will have an SBR!

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
Re: eForm 1
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:08:28 AM »
That sounds about like my experience. The uploading of the trust document was a real pain. I had to split my trust doc into pieces (3 pages per file) and upload it. I don't know if they'll take it or not. The site could definitely use some work. Better yet, just do away with the whole stupid NFA process altogether -- I can only dream.