< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA RSO and Chief RSO Training Class at the Lincoln Ikes  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
NRA RSO and Chief RSO Training Class at the Lincoln Ikes
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:29:07 PM »
From Wes Sheets at the Lincoln Izaak Walton Range

The RSO class on the 12th of Sept has all the materials provided when you show up.  Basically Terry Lane provides the NRA certification class with a 6 hour lecture.  The NRA manual is provided in the registration fee.  We will start that class at 8 AM.  It is our intent to charge  attendees only what it costs, to be determined when we know how many will attend.  I know the manual is about $20 and  the cost of the instructor for 15 folks will be $15 so the fee will wind up $35-40.  We would like to have a $20 registration fee back to me by Aug 24th  to help me firm up the total bill for the class.  If we wind up with more than 15 the fee will be reduced a bit.

We also have Terry committed to doing a Chief RSO certification class immediately following the RSO class and it also will take  6 hours so it will be a very long day if you wished to do both of them.  The manual and extra reading material may be a bit cheaper for this class but the instructor fee will be more since I only expect 5 or 6 for the CRSO.  Preliminarily that will add up to about $40  again for this class.

He will let you do back to backs if desired.

The interest in CRSO is that when certified here by the NRA you can then teach RSO to others..

Hope this explanation fills in some gaps for you and we welcome your attendance for training .   In case you haven?t heard  our board did vote to provide half of the cost of the training. So to you the fee should be about $20 total plus whatever you want to do with The NRA.

Email Wes Sheets to sign up for this class:   wsheets@radiks.net

Offline Cathy1911

• Past Director- Secretary
  • NFOA Co-Founder
Re: NRA RSO and Chief RSO Training Class at the Lincoln Ikes
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
Chris, what are the prerequisites for RSO training?

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »
I don't believe there are any pre-req's for the RSO certification. However I believe for the Chief RSO you must be a NRA certified Instructor for 2 years

Terry is on this forum so hopefully he can chime in if I am wrong

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:18:50 PM »
I just emailed Wes.  I really enjoy using this facility, so I'm happy to volunteer.

Offline TerryLane

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:37 AM »
Cathy1911, Chris and all, no prerequisites for RSO except for being a safe experienced shooter. CRSO will require about 6 hours of pre course at home study. I'll need to get materials to CRSO candidates as soon as I receive them from the NRA. Keep in touch Wes or with me by pm or post here with questions. It'll be a long day but a productive, valuable and fun one. Anytime you can spend time with fine like minded folks, it's a good day. There will be one written test for RSO and three for CRSO.

By the way, I've conducted 2 NRA Certified Pistol Instructor courses in the last three weeks and all candidates were successful. So there will be 10 new Certified Pistol Instructors around and about the area soon as the NRA processes the paperwork.

Thanks and take care.
Terry Lane
NRA Life
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
Nebraska Concealed Handgun Instructor