< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Illinois Non-Resident CCW  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
Illinois Non-Resident CCW
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »
As some of you may know, starting next year Illinois will have concealed carry. According to https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/public/home.aspx , its going to be quite expensive to get a non-resident permit. One of the requirements is 16 hours of instruction from an approved instructor. So I have a question for the wonderful folks who are both NFOA members and CCW Instructors. Are any of you planning on becoming an approved IL CCW instructor? Because if you are, I'll be first in line to sign up. I'm in Illinois all the time since I have my entire family there.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Illinois Non-Resident CCW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
I believe that Chris Zeeb has already gotten his Illinois instructor credentials, thought I heard of someone else that was going to as well.  Be watching the classes and training section, I'm certain that classes will be showing up soon.

And if I remember correctly if you have your Nebraska Permit it will count for your first 8 hours of training, so only one extra day (8 hours).

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
I'm not wasting money on Illinois and I refuse to line the pockets of that powers that be in the cesspool. If they ever do establish reciprocity with NE that would be great. Not holding my breath so in the mean time I'll just avoid going there.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 06:33:53 PM »
Chris is a IL instructor.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:55:37 PM »
CZ had a class scheduled for tomorrow.  He contacted me saying ISP has made some last minute changes so he will be rescheduling. The ISP website gives details on "credit" towards the 16 hours.  Examples include NRA instructor, DD214, et al.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:58:36 PM by bullit »

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:36:07 PM »

I believe that Chris Zeeb has already gotten his Illinois instructor credentials, thought I heard of someone else that was going to as well.  Be watching the classes and training section, I'm certain that classes will be showing up soon.

And if I remember correctly if you have your Nebraska Permit it will count for your first 8 hours of training, so only one extra day (8 hours).

Oh, well that's good to know. I'll have to talk to him.

I'm not wasting money on Illinois and I refuse to line the pockets of that powers that be in the cesspool. If they ever do establish reciprocity with NE that would be great. Not holding my breath so in the mean time I'll just avoid going there.

I wouldn't bother with it either but I'm in Illinois a ton. At least every other month.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »
I will post in the Training Section here when I can reschedule. ISP seems to be changing to rules up to the 11th hour. Last I heard, they are to approve final rules (again) on Dec 17th.

Applications will be available Jan 5th.

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
I will post in the Training Section here when I can reschedule. ISP seems to be changing to rules up to the 11th hour. Last I heard, they are to approve final rules (again) on Dec 17th.

Applications will be available Jan 5th.

The ISP is a special bunch.

Offline aceflyer

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited just yet about getting a non-resident permit.  Hawaii is the ONLY state so far that is recognized as having laws "substantially similar" to Illinois, and only those residents right now can get non-resident permits.

Did you expect anything less?