< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My CHP renewal speedy delivery.  (Read 2335 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
My CHP renewal speedy delivery.
« on: December 14, 2013, 06:12:39 AM »
  I had been putting it off for a while due to cash flow.  Realized last week it expired on the 19th of December  :o (there had been a mix up at one time during a address change and they issued me a permit with a February date, but then corrected it later when they got caught up awhile back- so needless to say I thought I had time)
Since the office is on my way to/ from work, I stopped in Monday morning to make an appointment  (they had time that day, but I had a previous commitment at the Capitol) and got one for Tuesday morning.  Tuesday came and after my weekly Walmart Ammo Check and purchasing some Christmas Cookies,  I slipped home to make myself presentable  :D for the mugshot and lotion my dry hands (makes new fingerprint system work better).  Filled out the paperwork, took the mugshot- ran thru the fingerprints- wang bang I was done and out the door.  just checked the mail and lo and behold, brand spankin new CHP in the mail on Friday- 4 day turn around? God Bless the NSP CID ! (and everybody had me worried that renewals needed to be in a month or so ahead of time (results may vary  ::) )
Oh yeah, I would like to think it was my charm, or maybe it was the big ol box of Christmas Sugar cookies I gifted them on behalf of us- the Members of the NFOA!  8)  Yeah, I'm cool like that.

What I'm sayin' is I know they had a rough go there for a while due to lack of resources, but the folks at the Criminal Identification Division sure have stepped it up and have been pumping out these applications in decent time. (I'd like to think that our concerns that were voiced to the upper brass was instrumental in getting them the people and OT they needed to get to this point)  You don't HAVE to buy them anything, but when you stop by or call in, be sure to wish them a Merry Christmas and Happiness in the New Year, and thank them for the job they are doing.   

(As an aside- an idea that formed from this- we have decided to send our Friends in the Legislature and select other Leaders and their staff, cards of well wishes this holiday season, on behalf of all 7000+ members of the NFOA! )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: My CHP renewal speedy delivery.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 07:09:47 AM »
Oh yeah, I would like to think it was my charm, or maybe it was the big ol box of Christmas Sugar cookies I gifted them on behalf of us-

Aw, C'mon, Bull: 
It's probably that they know You are a Big Dog in the Great Big NFOA 7000 member kennel and could have the whole place surrounded by a snarling, barking pack in a nanoflash by just pushing one small button on your cell phone.

Last time I renewed it took 58 days with a phone call to the Nice Ladies at the CID somewhere in the middle of the process.   Renewal is supposed to take what......5 days??

So--Things are getting  better:   Rapid renewal of NE CHPs....9mm and .22lr ammo on shelves.....#8 chilled magnum shot in stock....pistol inventories back full up in gun shops.

Now, if only this unseasonably cold weather would moderate and we could get out.....

sfgPS - Nice move on the cards to the Friends in the Legislature.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:12:19 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:54:06 AM »
Bull your just a big ol thoughtful guy.
Nice move. 

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »
Sfg  I didn't even have to play THAT card.  I looked like a big ol half asleep factory worker
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Nnylrac

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
It was the cookies  ;)  Let's hope the holiday cards have much the same effect on our senators and constituents.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
IF our volunteer gets them all signed. ;)

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 08:04:45 AM »
Gee I guess

That No long delays.

Just means the NSP will start staffing layoffs in that deptment again soon.  :(

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
Well, hopefully with our great members spreading the word that Guns Save Lives, and the discussions turn more folks to the NFOA where they learn more and not only help with pushing/ fighting legislation, but also take their safety into their own hands and seek their CHP.

Offline rammerjammer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
Wow, that was fast

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
Might have you beat on this one. I submitted mine on Friday the 3rd and got it today the 7th. That's only 3 business days.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
Nice

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 12:20:16 AM »
Wife and I went to G.I. for renewal on the 31st and both got our permits on the 6th. Not bad at all for a holiday and a weekend.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 03:24:49 AM »
They must not be too busy these days.