< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match at ENGC  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match at ENGC
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »
IDPA Nebraska http://idpanebraska.com/index.html  https://www.facebook.com/idpanebraska will be conducting an IDPA Classifier Match at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club  http://www.engc.us/index.shtml in Louisville, NE on Saturday, March 22, 2014. Match runs from 9:00am-4:00pm.  8)  8)  8)

The IDPA Classifier is a "standard test" used to classify shooters based on their current skills so that they can compete with other shooters at a similar skill level.

No cover garment is required when shooting the Classifier.  ;D

The IDPA Classifier is a ninety (90) round, three (3) stage, fourteen (14) string match that classifies shooters in a short time.  Typically, it takes about 20 minutes for a shooter to complete the Classifier.  There will be multiple Classifier setups to accommodate registered shooters.

Only IDPA-affiliated clubs may run Classifier matches, and IDPA Nebraska is an IDPA-affiliated club (CL# 243243) that will be utilizing the facilities of Eastern Nebraska Gun Club in Louisville, Nebraska.

Per IDPA, only current IDPA members may shoot the Classifier. However, because IDPA Nebraska wants to heighten the awareness of IDPA action shooting in Nebraska, IDPA Nebraska will allow non-IDPA members to shoot in this Classifier Match ONLY if there is available room to accommodate them since PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO IDPA MEMBERS. Thus, IDPA Nebraska is encouraging non-IDPA members to register with IDPA for membership ($40/year).  It is expected that IDPA members from the surrounding region will be registering for the match since IDPA members must shoot the Classifier at least once every twelve months (other than IDPA Master class shooters).

IDPA members will be allowed to shoot a second gun as long as it is in a different Division than the first registered gun. The fee for a second gun will be less than the initial registration fee.  In addition, members of ENGC will have a discounted registration fee.  ;)

To know more about an IDPA Classifier Match, please familiarize yourself with that section in the IDPA rulebook (pages 47-52) at http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/g0hunysc.eoc.pdf

More information regarding registration and pre-registration will be forthcoming.  8)
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match at ENGC
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »
Jeeepers Aldo.... You are blowing this thing up!!!! Indoor IDPA matches at Thunder Alley, Outdoor matches at Lincoln Ikes, and a Classifier at ENGC......

Good work! I'm hoping to get out and shoot some of these matches in 2014

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »
I'm hoping I can keep up with this mad man.....

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
Cool!  I'd better get reloading.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
Already got my IDPA  membership----so I'll need to make sure I get on the list for this!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 08:48:39 AM »
Yeah, I'm official (and have been for quite some time.)  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 11:58:37 PM »
Jeeepers Aldo.... You are blowing this thing up!!!! Indoor IDPA matches at Thunder Alley, Outdoor matches at Lincoln Ikes, and a Classifier at ENGC......

Good work! I'm hoping to get out and shoot some of these matches in 2014
Thanks, CZ!! And there are a couple or more idea irons on the back burner with hopefully one of them getting closer to a reality front burner.  ;)

Just keeping an eye on the mssion and vision and then facilitating into making it all happen.  Gotta balance it between pacing its endeavors while also seizing the moment.  ;D

As you have taught me, my friend, "Living the Dream!"  8)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:00:46 AM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 12:32:49 AM »
Because of this thread I'm a newly minted IDPA member.  I've signed up for the  IDPA class in Lincoln on January 3rd.  I'm in the process of lining up a training opportunity with SSG this month.  I hope to see you all at the Classifier, where I'll join the bottom ranks.  :)

Kent

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 06:44:47 AM »
Thanks, CZ!! And there are a couple or more idea irons on the back burner with hopefully one of them getting closer to a reality front burner.  ;)

Just keeping an eye on the mssion and vision and then facilitating into making it all happen.  Gotta balance it between pacing its endeavors while also seizing the moment.  ;D

As you have taught me, my friend, "Living the Dream!"  8)

Yeah, it's a whole new paradigm!

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
Because of this thread I'm a newly minted IDPA member.  I've signed up for the  IDPA class in Lincoln on January 3rd.  I'm in the process of lining up a training opportunity with SSG this month.  I hope to see you all at the Classifier, where I'll join the bottom ranks.  :)

Kent
Welcome, Kent! Glad to have you aboard the IDPA train.  ;)

Also, you're off to a good start with taking the IDPA Basics Course on January 3rd followed by the January 4th indoor match at Thunder Alley, and, most definitely, with your upcoming training with SSG.  :D

Be safe and have fun!!!  8)
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »
I know this is an old post BUT,  it's March and haven't heard a thing more about being able to register for this match :o

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »
Registration on site

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »
Registration on site

As in, the day of, at the shooting site?  I can't find a link to any registration on the NE IDPA website. 

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »
Yes, registration at the range.  (Aldo, bullit, and I talked about this the last time I saw them---Aldo just probably hasn't had time to update everywhere that registration will be at the range, along with times and help for setup, etc...)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 05:55:23 AM »
Thanks, looking forward to this

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »
Here's hoping the weather decides to cooperate. 

Damn Global Warming! 

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 09:00:47 AM »
Here's the details, folks, for the upcoming IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match, Saturday, March 22, at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club in Louisville, NE.  8)

The Classifier Match has 3 stages; total 90 rounds (30/stage). Bring extra ammo in case a stage (or two) needs to be re-shot.  No cover garment is required.  In order to expedite the flow of shooters, we will have 4 classifier set-ups to minimize the wait-time of shooters.

Early registration (on-site): 7:15am-8:40am.  Briefing: 8:40am.  Match begins: 9:00am. Match ends: 4:00pm. There will be continued registration ongoing during the day up to 12:00pm for those shooters who are traveling long distances within state or from out of state. (For special consideration exceptions to have additional time to register, contact info@idpanebraska.com).

IDPA members MUST bring their IDPA number at the time of registration in order for their match results to be posted to the IDPA website for shooter classification.

Fees: $20 first gun ($10 second gun if time permits; second gun must be entered in a different division than the first).

Priority in order of shooting will be given to Early Registrants and IDPA members, although non-members are encouraged to register and shoot in order to experience a Classifier Match as IDPA Nebraska continues to grow the sport in the State.  Registrants after 8:40am (and prior to 1:00pm) will be placed in the order of their arrival (time of registration recorded on their Scoresheet).

If you are interested in registering and participating in an IDPA Classifier Preparatory Course (brief class time; mostly range time) held at Thunder Alley Indoor Shooting Range in Lincoln, contact: info@idpanebraska.com. Class sizes are limited, so express your interest asap.

In an effort to improve the flow of the match, please read the IDPA Rulebook (2013 version), especially the section on the Classifier Match: http://www.idpa.com/compete/rules.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:27:49 AM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »
Is it too late to ask that you move this to another weekend since I have to work on the 22nd?  ;-)

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
Just wanted to remind people that the IDPA classifier match is run on a cold range---effectively, the only two places you are allowed to handle your handgun is:

1) on the line under the direct supervision of an RO, or
2) in a marked Safety Area.

...and remember that you may NOT handle any ammunition (or dummy ammunition, or casing, etc), magazine, speed loader, or moon clip in the Safety Area.  (You can load up your magazines anywhere ELSE on the range, just not in the safety area.)

So for your handgun:  Either keep it bagged until you get to the line and are under the direct supervision of an RO, or once you are finished working with it in the Safety Area (practicing your draw, dryfiring, etc) make sure the mag well is empty, the hammer is down, and it is put into your holster where it stays until you are on the firing line with an RO.

You should NOT have a loaded handgun on your person unless you are on the line shooting the classifier.

This post:  http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,7025.0.html explains in a bit more detail.  Note: the range commands are a little different, because those are from USPSA.  However, the safety aspects stay the same.

Be safe!  See you all out there this coming Saturday!

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT:  :D

There is now a website (www.idpamatchsignup.com) that allows for pre-registration for IDPA Nebraska Matches, and we will be trying it out for the March 22 IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match.  :o

When you go to the site, look for "IDPA Nebraska - Eastern Nebraska Gun Club - March 22, 2014", click it and you will see two options: signing up as an IDPA Member or as a Non-Member. Just follow the prompts from there!  :)

There is NOT an option yet for payment online, so payment will still be on-site (no card processing; therefore, only check or cash).

More details regarding prioritization of shooting order, etc are in the email that went out to those on the email list. Basically, this pre-registration will help the SOs with the efficiency of getting everyone squadded and started up efficiently....hopefully.  ;)

If you are not on the IDPA Nebraska email list, then send a request to: info@idpanebraska.com

See y'all Saturday (if any questions beforehand, you can send them to that same email address).

Thanks!!!  8)
www.everreadyccw.com