< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Al Sharpton's Chicago Town Hall on Gun Violence backfires ! :D  (Read 876 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Al Sharpton's Chicago Town Hall on Gun Violence backfires ! :D
« on: December 22, 2013, 11:43:06 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/21/Al-Sharpton-s-Chicago-Town-Hall-Erupts-into-Revolt-against-Machine-Politics

"""On Thursday, a town hall meeting hosted by Al Sharpton and the National Action Network to address gun violence exploded into a revolt against “Chicago Machine” politics, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and the aldermen in City Hall, with panel and audience members calling to vote out their elected officials.
One 82-year-old preacher even called for “Tea Party” style meetings in some of Chicago’s south side communities such as Altgeld Gardens and Trumbull Park."""

Can I get an Ahhhh- Men!?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Al Sharpton's Chicago Town Hall on Gun Violence backfires ! :D
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:33:51 AM »
Something tells me they'll just vote for the next person who comes along and offers them a better handout.

That's not meant to be a racial statement.  It's a statement about the mindset of those who vote for ultraliberals like Mayor Rahm, regardless of skin color.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
I think its more of an Urban reality than is it a Rural one.  Large Urban areas are electing people because of what they say in an election compaign, fact or fiction.  Rural people elect people because they are our neighbors, we know them, for the rural dweller its more personal and in your backyard. 

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline emma20

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »
Something tells me they'll just vote for the next person who comes along and offers them a better handout.

That's not meant to be a racial statement.  It's a statement about the mindset of those who vote for ultraliberals like Mayor Rahm, regardless of skin color.

I agree with you.  It is the mindset of voters today unfortunately.