< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: A change of heart for a compromising gun manufacturer.  (Read 1496 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
A change of heart for a compromising gun manufacturer.
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
Ruger, long been shamed by giving in to the liberals, and agreeing that a firearm should have a maximum of 10 rounds in the magazine, has done an about face, and came out with an AR15. Not just an ar15, but a pretty well tricked out piston driven version, with a Hogue pistol grip, Troy quadrail, Troy folding front and rear sights, Troy rail covers, a six position buttstock, chrome plated bolt, bolt carrier and extractor, and three Magpul 30 round windowed Pmags. No MSRP was mentioned in the add.

Way to go Ruger, give in to the dims when they want restrictions placed on magazine capacity, but come out with an AR15 after sales hit an all time high, then have slacked back to pre-Omessiah demand and pricing. Not to mention the 5 million dollars donated to Cali to get the SR9 on the approved list.

I have some Ruger 22s, but will not buy another new gun from them just because they are compromisers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:36:05 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline semtex

• Forum Member
Re: A change of heart for a compromising gun manufacturer.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:35:17 PM »
$1400 seems to be the market median, IMO

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=137402190
?Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun Tzu

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »
Bill Ruger is long dead and the company that bears his name is quite different. 

Between standard-capacity mags for the Mini-14 becoming available to commoners; an AR-15; a new hi-cap polymer service pistol; and two small, lightweight concealed carry handguns, it seems clear to me that Ruger is on our side now.
NRA Life Member.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
Hopefully.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
Companies change.  Late last Century, I swore I would never buy a Smith & Wesson, (and other people were dumping them for chump change!) after that company did a dirty deal with the Clinton Administration..... now I am lusting after several of their guns:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=45928&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15709&isFirearm=Y

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=45928&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15709&isFirearm=Y

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline wrenrj1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »
Did not S/W make a deal with the Clinton administration as well?  I vaguely remember something about this.  I'm not trashing Smith, as I'm a stock holder, but I think they bent over as well, but may be wrong.