< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Arms and Ammo : Glock 42 Is A .380  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Arms and Ammo : Glock 42 Is A .380
« on: January 01, 2014, 05:04:34 AM »
Arms And Ammo prints a cover story on the Glock 42

Ill post pictures when i get to my PC.

I fail to see this as being more popular than a single stack 9mm would have been. 

I personaly wonder if political winds drove tbe design.    Some countries dont allow the public to get anything larger than this. 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Arms and Ammo : Glock 42 Is A .380
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
Some countries dont allow the public to get anything larger than this.

And Some Countries don't even allow the Public to get a Glock 42.

Like the Country that you're livin' in.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:38 PM »
I keep wondering of all the rabbits Glock could pull out of their hat, why this?

Have I been wearing my tin foil hat too long?  lol

Seems like if the buyers of their product was given a choice, they would have voted for something else.    Single stack 9,  would be one I hear people going on and on about in Glock forums.  I have heard no clamoring for this offering. 

This is a little like Coke bringing back the 6.5 oz bottles to compete with the convenience stores Big Gulp. 

I am sure the women will check it out, people that like small guns, fans of the .380, and collectors. 

After 20 years of a Glock 20, I still can't get over the smallness of a Glock 23C!  lol

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »
Did you mean "Guns and Ammo"? They have an upcoming article.  Arms and Ammo is gun store in Fremont.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:54:14 PM »
Can't  buy a Glock .380 in the USA, so who cares?   
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »
Did you mean "Guns and Ammo"? They have an upcoming article.  Arms and Ammo is gun store in Fremont.

actually Arms and Ammo was a gun store on 60,th and pacific in Omaha.  the people in fremont took the name of his shop,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline 2550sx

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »
   actually Arms and Ammo was a gun store on 60,th and pacific in Omaha.
I used to buy my BB's there when i was a young shooter

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 04:15:06 PM »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »

I knew I should be awake to post.  lol

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
   actually Arms and Ammo was a gun store on 60,th and pacific in Omaha.  the people in fremont took the name of his shop,

I remember that shop, Southeast corner.    I was a cab driver in a former life. 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
Can't  buy a Glock .380 in the USA, so who cares?

YOU DO, DanW.

Because.......As a Fearsome Guardian of Gun Rights, you are on record in this Forum as being against unreasonable restrictions thereof.   At least, that's what seems to emanate from your Excellent Posts.

But....I've gotta calibrate my earlier commentary.   We can't buy a Glock 25 .380 legally in this country, 'cause it's forbidden to import that particular firearm.....  (Saturday Night Special, and all that.)

However, anyone who wants a Glock 42 .380 will be able to purchase one because it will be made right here in the USA.

Now....DanW and I are together on not wanting a Glock 42.   DanW doesn't want it because it's a Glock.   And I don't want it because it's a .380.

That's about the size of it.

sfg
PS - Many years ago I used to hang out at the original Arms & Ammo on 60th & Pacific.   Big, Rangy Guy managed it.   Cowboy hat and boots.   He used to sit with a handgun in an empty popcorn bag, hoping someone would come in to rob the store.   Have often wondered whatever happened to him.

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »

YOU DO, DanW.

Because.......As a Fearsome Guardian of Gun Rights, you are on record in this Forum as being against unreasonable restrictions thereof.   At least, that's what seems to emanate from your Excellent Posts.

But....I've gotta calibrate my earlier commentary.   We can't buy a Glock 25 .380 legally in this country, 'cause it's forbidden to import that particular firearm.....  (Saturday Night Special, and all that.)

However, anyone who wants a Glock 42 .380 will be able to purchase one because it will be made right here in the USA.

Now....DanW and I are together on not wanting a Glock 42.   DanW doesn't want it because it's a Glock.   And I don't want it because it's a .380.

That's about the size of it.

sfg
PS - Many years ago I used to hang out at the original Arms & Ammo on 60th & Pacific.   Big, Rangy Guy managed it.   Cowboy hat and boots.   He used to sit with a handgun in an empty popcorn bag, hoping someone would come in to rob the store.   Have often wondered whatever happened to him.

The shop was Owned by Jim Sutton, he lived 2 miles from me, between Yutan and Ashland, the big guy, was kind of a helper, he just hung out there,
   Jim was kind fun, you could stand behind any of his counters, and be within arms reach of a 45acp,

NRA Endowment member

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »
shooter:

Thanks for filling in.   Funny, all the time I hung out at Arms & Ammo, never met Jim Sutton.

Also used to be a small strip-mall gun store in Omaha in the alley behind Big Fred's pizza place.  Can't remember the name, but it was another good hangout.  A Guy named Al Wallace was the manager.  Never met the owner there, either.

We've lost all the fun-friendly small stores.   (And yes...kinda lost the topic of this thread, as well.)

sfg
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:48:21 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
Now....DanW and I are together on not wanting a Glock 42.   DanW doesn't want it because it's a Glock.   And I don't want it because it's a .380.
Dan W carries a Glock 30...no .380's for me... I don't care who makes 'em
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 08:19:35 PM »
 that was
shooter:

Thanks for filling in.   Funny, all the time I hung out at Arms & Ammo, never met Jim Sutton.

Also used to be a small strip-mall gun store in Omaha in the alley behind Big Fred's pizza place.  Can't remember the name, but it was another good hangout.  A Guy named Al Wallace was the manager.  Never met the owner there, either.

We've lost all the fun-friendly small stores.   (And yes...kinda lost the topic of this thread, as well.)

sfg
fin and feather. they had one near 84 and L st, across from where guns unlimited used to be, the fin and feather store there blew up. back around 1973 I think
 NRA Endowment member

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 09:39:56 PM »
Bingo!!

Fin and Feather it was!   At 1111 S. Big Fred's Alley.

A fine venue for gun talk.   A mini-NFOA Forum.

Thanks......

sfg

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 10:19:17 PM »
That store blew up?   I guess I missed that event.  I spent a few dollars in that shop over the years.   There was another gun store on the NW corner of 84th and L street.  Purchased a Security Six in that store. 

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »
That store blew up?   I guess I missed that event.  I spent a few dollars in that shop over the years.   There was another gun store on the NW corner of 84th and L street.  Purchased a Security Six in that store. 
the big store in the corner down the hole was where guns unlimited was, in the beginning they had a indoor range there,  but before them, fin and feather had a store, right buy Midwest beverage,

It was more like the store had a fire, news reported it as explosion with all the ammo cooking off,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 06:17:49 AM »
Old men and their meandering musings ......   :)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
This news actually came out around Christmas  http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/12/robert-farago/breaking-glock-42-revealed/

Yes Glock will be introducing a USA made .380 at the SHOT show.... This photo above I believe to be a good Photoshop piece of work.  One glowing error in the tech specs is "Tenifer Finish"

Glock hasn't used the Tenifer process for a few years now... Because of EPA regs in the US, and they changed in Austria as well to have the same process.