< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: WWI/WW2 Pistol Fans...  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Z3R0

• NFOA Full Member
WWI/WW2 Pistol Fans...
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »
Thought I'd share this... My fiances family have a number of war relic firearms all from her family's service members. I've been digging into each one to find out as much about them as I can. Just finished my latest research project.

This pistol lives in a shadow box the fiance made many years ago before I even knew her. It's a pretty neat little piece with old news papers and some of her own military stuff mixed in with her Grandfather's. Needless to say some of it is pretty fragile so I've hesitated to open it up and inspect the pistol any closer and the serial was proving difficult to read through the glass so I'd passed it up for almost 9 years. Anyways, finally got the SN off it and was able to find out what exactly it was with the help of a few other forums I've been reading.

Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 Variation 1 Sub-variation B, apparently also fairly rare only ~4000 ever made like this. So this pistol was "likely" a WWI issue to a German soldier, and her grandfather took it home from Germany after WW2 so... some simple deductive reasoning would likely implicate this being a "captured" firearm that the family thought had been his service pistol for many years. Kinda cool, thought I'd share.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: WWI/WW2 Pistol Fans...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:27 AM »
Yes. Awesome. If only that pistol could talk, Oh the stories it could likely tell.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane