< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Helping the Cause  (Read 945 times)

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Helping the Cause
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »
I know some of you out there are not big fans of the NRA, but I don't think anyone can truthfully say that organization has not been instrumental in promoting second amendment rights.  I don't agree with every stand they take (or fail to), but overall, they have probably done more for gun owners than any other organization.  I thought they were pretty hard line in their stand against 2A infringements until I read comments from some of our members. :)

I have recently accepted the position of Election Volunteer Coordinator for the NRA in the 1st congressional district here in Nebraska.  I don't know a lot about it yet other than I am to act as a liason between NRA members who wish to volunteer their help in the campaigns of NRA-backed political candidates and their campaign organizations.  My expectations are that I will actively recruit volunteers and let them know how they can best help and what things need to be done.  I will also try to locate and work with businesses and gun-friendly organizations to get their cooperation in helping to elect people who will further our cause.

I post this new topic for two reasons:

First, I want everyone to know that any comments I make here (unless specified otherwise) are my personal views and do not represent the NRA in any way.

Secondly, I am looking for someone to volunteer for the vacant EVC position in the second district.  I have contacted Randy May who is the third district EVC, and we look forward to working together to help elect gun-friendly candidates to offices here in Nebraska.  Anyone interested in this can contact me for more information, or go to the NRA website.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Helping the Cause
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:10:53 PM »
Congratulations!