< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Primers  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
Primers
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »
I actually bought a 1000 Winchester Small Pistol Primers today at a gunshop in Falls City today, I know actually have more primers than bullets to load....  Anybody else seeing primers showing up, I bought some the end of June from 3 Lees, so that's two sources that have secured primers...

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Primers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:08:12 PM »
I have recently received a back order from Powder Valley of CCI 400 small rifle primers, and bought some Magtech small rifle from Graf & Sons.

I had stocked up on Federal small and large pistol primers long before the big rush,

We have a handloading section on the forum...do you want me to move this?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »
Go ahead and move it, I just wanted folks to know that primers are starting to show up... ;D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:05:03 PM »
Scheels had 3 or 4 boxes of CCI small rifle the other day.  I should have picked up a brick but money is kinda tight right now and Ma wouldn't have been happy.

Offline Toster

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:47 AM »
Guns Unlimited had Winchester Small pistol, Large Pistol, and Large Rifle. As of Saturday Noon.  He said they had quite a few LR, and LP, but were running short on SP.  $39.99 / 1000.  Scheels in Lincoln has CCI Small Rifle.....yes the one we all thought were extinct as of today.

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
calling GU RIGHT NOW.....

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »
I paid 33.17 dollars including tax for these, and I paid 25 dollars for a thousand in June for a thousand....

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »
WhenI started handloading, I thought 4 cents was a good price for a BULLET!  Now pirimers cost that much!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.