< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln NFA dealer?  (Read 3426 times)

Offline MinaskaTony

• NFOA Full Member
Lincoln NFA dealer?
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »
Why no NFA dealer in Lincoln?  Is there a city law against it?  Or is there one I don't know about?

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln NFA dealer?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »
Reaper Arms is just outside Lincoln in Bennet.  Not sure about City ordinances.  I imagine Bennet is a lot cheaper for rent though.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »
Lincoln is a pain in the ass to get a FFL in. Not impossible but a pain. Also I think that the fact that our local CLEO will not sign forms as hurt this industry a little. I thought that there use to be a small silencer shop off of 33 and cornhusker but i might be wrong.

Offline American Reaper Arms LLC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
I would like to consider myself a NFA dealer in Lincoln. I am in Bennet right next to the post office. Please stop by, We try  and be the most competitive in the state if not the country. We have a very large selection of suppressors all in stock.

American Reaper Arms LLC

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »
Years ago when Chad McCumbers had "The Gun Shop" where Jeff now runs Nebraska Gun he told me that LPD was "almost hostile" to NFA. I didn't ask him to elaborate on that though.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »
Years ago when Chad McCumbers had "The Gun Shop" where Jeff now runs Nebraska Gun he told me that LPD was "almost hostile" to NFA. I didn't ask him to elaborate on that though.

Probably because the Chief refuses to sign off on NFA items.

Offline American Reaper Arms LLC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »
Not sure about LPD but Lancaster county sheriffs are good customers. I will get them to come around. Hopefully by June.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »
I hope so!  ;D Good Luck!

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Not sure about LPD but Lancaster county sheriffs are good customers. I will get them to come around. Hopefully by June.

Most LPD (from what I've heard) aren't very 2A friendly let alone anything NFA or AOW.  I have talked to many people that have discussed this with LPD.  It was also a topic of public discussion when Nebraska was getting its CCW laws going.  LPD was less than welcoming to the idea. 

I used to live catty-corner from a Lancaster County Sheriff, and he was totally cool with all 2A things.  Of course he said his dad was big into firearms. 

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:44:52 PM »
I have several LPD Officers as customers that are very pro-gun individuals........

I also get the impression there isn't a lot of respect for the leadership of LPD amongst the ranks

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »
I have several LPD Officers as customers that are very pro-gun individuals........

I also get the impression there isn't a lot of respect for the leadership of LPD amongst the ranks

I have had nothing but good impressions dealing with the rank and file LPD officers.  Their leadership, I'm not so impressed.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

Scott, you are doing the Lord's work, sir!

Offline MinaskaTony

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 08:41:44 AM »
As far as I can tell from my research, there is nothing on the books as for as laws go that would keep a dealer from selling.  Only thing a dealer needs to do is report handgun sales to LPD.  Nothing about NFA weapons or suppressors on the books.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 04:27:52 PM »
As far as I can tell from my research, there is nothing on the books as for as laws go that would keep a dealer from selling.  Only thing a dealer needs to do is report handgun sales to LPD.  Nothing about NFA weapons or suppressors on the books.

That's my understanding.  When DE Guns opened I asked them if the city had given them any hassles about opening a gun shop and they said no.  Apparently no special permit is needed, beyond what is required for any other business.