< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Suppressors in stock  (Read 2884 times)

Offline American Reaper Arms LLC

• NFOA Full Member
Suppressors in stock
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
Will update soon
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:15:40 AM by American Reaper Arms LLC »

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Suppressors in stock
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
complete newb to suppressors and curious about them.

I understand you have to get a tax stamp which is a couple hundred dollars, but is this a one hour of paperwork kind of deal or a take a long long time, waiting on the guberment and might take months type situation

the warlock II, I didn't know you could get one so cheap, how effective are these lower cost units?

is a suppressor only good for one gun (legally)? Or could you put it on your gun, than your buddies gun etc?

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
Guys I thought i would post some things i have in stock and for sale here.

Would you happen to take trades? I have a couple firearms that I don't shoot a lot any more and I've been looking at cans for a while now and see you have a pretty good price on the Octane 9... almost too good... :D
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
complete newb to suppressors and curious about them.

I understand you have to get a tax stamp which is a couple hundred dollars, but is this a one hour of paperwork kind of deal or a take a long long time, waiting on the guberment and might take months type situation

The paperwork process is actually not that difficult, though some aspects of it may be time-consuming. If you submit the paperwork as an individual, you will have to provide fingerprint cards, passport-type photos, and a form that includes a certification by a "chief local law enforcement official" ("CLEO"). Under current regulations, if you use a trust or business entity to do the paperwork you get to avoid these steps. However, setting up the trust or business entity would mean adding an additional expense to the total transaction cost associated with your first application to make or transfer an NFA item.

An NFA dealer can help you better understand the process. Here is a list I have compiled of NFA dealers in Nebraska: http://www.dickclarklaw.com/news/nfadealersinnebraska

You may wish to cross-reference that with the recommendations of other forum members, or with information from this website: http://www.nfareviews.com/Reviews/Default.aspx?qbr=false&State=NE

the warlock II, I didn't know you could get one so cheap, how effective are these lower cost units?

Others are more expert on the quality and function of different suppressor models, so I will let them answer this part of your question.

is a suppressor only good for one gun (legally)? Or could you put it on your gun, than your buddies gun etc?

The silencer is itself an item regulated by the NFA, and it has its own make, model, and unique serial number that will identify it in the NFA registry. You can attach it to any host gun that you like.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:37:14 AM »
landon... call Dick, set up a trust with him and visit Scott ASAP!

ETA: if you want to try some NFA stuff, just ask the membership.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:21:16 AM »
landon... call Dick, set up a trust with him and visit Scott ASAP!

ETA: if you want to try some NFA stuff, just ask the membership.

I second this. Dick set up my trust for me, answered some of my more annoying questions, and is an all around great guy.

Scott ain't too bad either...:)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:25:36 AM »
I second this. Dick set up my trust for me, answered some of my more annoying questions, and is an all around great guy.

Scott ain't too bad either...:)

Dick has helped me on more than one occasion.

and Scott pays his sales tax.  lol
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:40:25 AM »
Landon, the Warlock is a Aluminum suppressor designed for 22lr only. it is still quiet but not as durable as other that are rated for 22 mag, 17 MHR, or even 5.7x28. you have to be a bit more car full when cleaning an aluminum suppressor where a Stainless one you could bead blast clean if you wanted to. Dick is correct on the rest of the answers to your questions.

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 07:55:37 AM »
Interesting, now we already have an LLC for a property business the family has, would something like work?

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »
Yes you can buy via a LLC

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
Dick has helped me on more than one occasion.

and Scott pays his sales tax.  lol

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.