< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges  (Read 18937 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/exeter-gun-dealers-face-felony-tax-evasion-charges/article_7ee9aa88-f2e1-5d54-aa5e-85f5c6d49d04.html

A husband and wife who own a gun shop in Exeter face state felony charges for allegedly failing to pay sales tax, evading income tax and filing fraudulent income tax returns.

The Nebraska Department of Revenue says Rob and Hope Androyna took in $3.78 million from their business, Exeter Arms, from 2009 to 2012. That included nearly $200,000 in local and state sales taxes, but they failed to turn that money over to the state, Revenue Inspector Marcus Ford said in an affidavit written in support of warrants issued for the couple's Jan. 16 arrest.

The affidavit says the couple also failed to report profit, income or wages from the business until they filed their 2012 income tax return in October 2013, when they were under investigation by the Revenue Department.

Also, the document says, Rob Androyna got unemployment payments in 2010 and 2011, a time period during which the Revenue Department estimates the couple would have had income of $445,215 and $398,363, respectively, from the business.

The department estimates the Androynas owe the state $281,238 for back sales taxes, with penalties, and $198,571 for income taxes, with penalties.

~~~ See more at link ~~~
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
Re: Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:45:02 PM »
My God! If you're making $500,000/yr why oh why would you do something stupid like not pay your dang taxes!
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:08:39 PM »
Felons once convicted, are restricted from being around guns.  I see this pair as looking for a new line of work, if the news folks have a legit story.   Lets hope all blows over, and all is OK. 

Their web site lists them as doing concealed carry classes. I do not see a Rob or Hope listed as instructors for NSP.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:24:44 PM by Gary »

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:07:36 AM »
I hope they rot.  Rob is a thief who refuses to follow through on his word...at least with me.  I've posted my experience on several review sites and he still refuses to return my property.  Karma is alive and well.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:30 AM »
wow... if they go under, i hope i can get some deals on NFA stuff.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
will the feds seize all the stuff he has?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:30:36 AM »
if he was only a liberal.... he'd get a cabinet appointment for this, tax evasion seems to be a prereq anymore these days

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
I have heard good and bad about these folks.   I seem to recall some pretty negative flyers posted about them by other vendors at a recent Lincoln gun show. Wonder if they will still have tables this weekend.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:58:53 AM »
I have heard good and bad about these folks.   I seem to recall some pretty negative flyers posted about them by other vendors at a recent Lincoln gun show. Wonder if they will still have tables this weekend.

Everything is pretty much deleted from their Facebook page, but this was posted yesterday morning:

Exeter Arms

FYI we will not be attending this weekends Lincoln gun show for no other reason than lack of available man power. The store will be open as usual on Saturday with great deals and great inventory. It's worth the drive to Exeter Arms for selection & value!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline jestermx6

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 12:58:41 PM »
I have heard good and bad about these folks.   I seem to recall some pretty negative flyers posted about them by other vendors at a recent Lincoln gun show.

Yep. Monica and i Noted quite a few tables had negative flyers on them. And then the exeter arms table had flyers explaining why everyone else had negative flyers lol
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:14:02 AM by jestermx6 »

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
Somehow, this doesn't really surprise me a whole lot....

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
I see this pair as looking for a new line of work, if the news folks have a legit story.   Lets hope all blows over, and all is OK.

Do you not know anything about the raid last Friday with undercover cars and guys with tac vest and rifles going through the place?  Or what kind of person Rob is or how he treats his customers?  Not to mention holding paperwork back for months or saying the "ATF lost it".  You do know he is a hitman and has a German passport right?

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
I don't know the guy, never done business with him.  Seen his tables at a gun show, never talked to him, or would know him to see him, until this story broke with his photograph.

If there is a problem, this laundry session should clean things up a bit.  I am assuming he has family and children.  I feel bad for them, because something like this, effects more than the person directly involved.  I imagine this will also hurt the town of Exeter, as not much else goes on there.

I did some work for the phone company in that area many years ago, and to describe that area as a wide spot in the road, would be nearly an over statement.  Not much in the way of commerce beyond Agra.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 07:51:48 PM »
I don't know the guy, never done business with him.  Seen his tables at a gun show, never talked to him, or would know him to see him, until this story broke with his photograph.

You summed up your experience with Rob right there. 

You are totally clueless here.  Do you have any idea how many people in the state of Nebraska he has screwed out of money?  There is at least one person on this board who is out money for a suppressor who I would guess worked damn hard for that money.  Do you have any clue how many times he’s made people waste their time hassling him to get their money back  whether it be in court of out of court?  These gun shows you claim to have attended have you by chance noticed the complaints about this business at the door? 

If you want to feel sorry for someone it ought to be those in the state who he's screwed over not him or his wife who made the bed they will sleep in.

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
If there were so many vendors against him, why was he allowed in the gun show in the first place?  Probably a dumb question but I know nothing about the business end of a gun show.

Kent

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
I was not defending him, I was defending Jurisprudence.   If someone owes you money, go after them.

Our fair city once had a convenience store operator, that did not like paying bills.  He owed me $1,600.  He looked me in the face, and told me to get an attorney, and that would cost me more than $1,600.  He chuckled, and walked off.

I do not understand the mind set of people who do not wish to do square dealings.  I have encountered that, but it is not comfortable.   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:27:20 PM by Gary »

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »
If there were so many vendors against him, why was he allowed in the gun show in the first place?  Probably a dumb question but I know nothing about the business end of a gun show.

Kent

I believe they were customer complaints.  Probably the same reason the ATF wouldn't step in because as the Nebraska office the told me it's a civil mater and there is nothing they can do. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 08:39:49 PM »
Also, the document says, Rob Androyna got unemployment payments in 2010 and 2011, a time period during which the Revenue Department estimates the couple would have had income of $445,215 and $398,363, respectively, from the business.

As I posted on another board, if this is true that says everything I need to know about him.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »
I have never done any business with Exeter Arms, maybe it's because all the dealers that put out the little pieces of paper telling about the 7 or so complaints against them, or I just didn't care for their prices. I also would never spend a dime with a dealer that had those pieces of paper on their tables. If a dealer isn't good enough to stand on their own merit and have to stoop to such levels to make themselves look good, they are not for me.

Nebraska gun shows have pretty much lost my attendance anyway since the prices are just ridiculous, I don't see it's worth the admission to go in and just laugh at the prices and go home empty handed.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member