< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges  (Read 18939 times)

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »

[/quote]
A little update. I received a postcard from Exeter Arms last Saturday informing my paperwork was back. It stated that I could pickup my suppressor on Thursday between 2-4 pm. I had to work, but my wife volunteered to pick it up for me (she's on my trust). She arrived at about 2 pm today and she said there was actually several people there to pick up purchases. The store was completely empty except for a table to fill out forms. Apparently the shop is only open 1 day a week for 2 hours.

If you don't mind me asking, how long were you waiting? I had heard horror stories about them not even submitting paperwork to begin with, let alone the long waiting times.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2015, 02:34:43 PM »
i was at DE Guns today and a guy was talking about getting a suppressor.  he said he was going to get it from Exeter Arms since they are the only dealer around here.  i went up to him and said he's no longer in business and a felon.  i can't believe people don't know about this!  if i had an NFOA pamphlet, i would have given it to him.

???  He had no idea about Reaper Arms, etc? Even Big shots is listed as a dealer for somebody's silencers, can't remember who right now... You would think anyone looking for a silencer would have done a little more looking.

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2015, 03:00:46 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, how long were you waiting? I had heard horror stories about them not even submitting paperwork to begin with, let alone the long waiting times.

I bought the can Nov 29, 2013 and took it home September 2014.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk