< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges  (Read 18938 times)

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Exeter gun dealers face felony tax evasion charges
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 11:35:38 PM »
One of the unanswered complaints is from me...Man, I love when karma bites the deserving square in the ass.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 01:42:14 AM »
Link to Exeter Arms BBB Rating.....

http://www.bbb.org/nebraska/business-reviews/gun-sights-scopes-and-mounts/exeter-arms-in-exeter-ne-300034564#reasonrating

YIKES!    Rated F (A+ to F)

Says it knows of no governmental action against them.  I guess the BBB can add that to the list. 

I constantly stress people seeking a business for service work, and also to a lessor degree, retail, always check the BBB for a reference.    Once you turn loose of the cash, the business is capable of doing whatever they want to.  If they have no handshake pride in their word, a person really has no grand way of recouping losses.

Offline 44Dave

• Icon of Sin
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 06:47:34 AM »
He only needs to stay open one more month for my stamp to come back...!!!!

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »
If there were so many vendors against him, why was he allowed in the gun show in the first place?  Probably a dumb question but I know nothing about the business end of a gun show.

Kent

That is entirely up to the show promoter, you know, the guys who get paid to ensure tables are sold out and people come through the door. 

On another note, the BBB hasn't ever even heard of my business, guess that's a good thing.....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:33:59 PM by newfalguy101 »

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 01:35:34 PM »
Appears there website is gone now. Best of luck to anyone waiting on product. I hope you don't get shafted.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »
What does the ATF do on a pending stamp if the transferring dealer goes out of business?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 03:11:17 PM »
Besides the negative comments on this forum, I spoke to a few good people whose opinion I also trust, had not a single good then to say about these people. 

I hope anyone involved in a transaction with Exeter Arms will get their money back or the services/products delivered...but I am skeptical.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »
Their web site is gone, their facebook site is gone, their phone rings to a fax machine.  I called them to see if they had any last day's deals.    No answer. 

Very sorry for those out money because of a business run unethically.

I remember the Commonwealth debacle.   (Shows my age)   Seems like Nebraska, The Good Life, is not always true to their slogan. 

Anyone that lost money from this guy, can have a CHP class for free.   First time CHP, or follow-up advanced class. 

If you paid for a CHP class they had listed on their site, I will honor that commitment at my class, no charge.    If you had a gun or parts on order, I will give you a free CHP class.  Just send me a PM, or text my cell phone at 402-217-5000
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:44:04 PM by Gary »

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
Gary-
That's a very classy gesture on your part. If at some point the wife gets a permit you just earned our business.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:03:39 AM by Jerry Lundegard »

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 10:02:27 PM »
The fax machine is part of their phone games they play. When I was trying to get my money back they would see my number on the caller ID and send it to the fax or pick up the phone after 20 sec or so hang up. After a LEO friend called from work and got right through he suggested I do *67 and Hope answered right away. Great way to run a business.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:18:37 AM by Chris C »

Offline jestermx6

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »

Anyone that lost money from this guy, can have a CHP class for free.   First time CHP, or follow-up advanced class. 

If you paid for a CHP class they had listed on their site, I will honor that commitment at my class, no charge.    If you had a gun or parts on order, I will give you a free CHP class.  Just send me a PM, or text my cell phone at 402-217-5000

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »
What does the ATF do on a pending stamp if the transferring dealer goes out of business?
The Omaha ATF office has been receiving numerous calls with this same question.  They have attempted to get with the NFA branch to get answers.  With the weather events around West Virginia it sounds like no one has been around, getting voice mail and out of office emails.

They assured me they would be getting an answer.

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:31 AM »
This article with a little more info was in the York News Times this morning...

Entire article can be read here...    Exeter Arms News Times Article

EXETER – Rob and Hope Androyna, the owners of Exeter Arms, have each been charged with five felonies related to tax evasion and filing fraudulent income tax returns.

The case, which is being prosecuted by George Welch of the Nebraska Attorney General’s office, has been filed in the Lancaster County Court.

According to media outlets, including the Associated Press, it is alleged the Androynas did not pay sales tax, evaded paying income tax and filed fraudulent income tax returns.

The two were arrested on Jan. 16 and have since made bond.....

.....Court documents also allege the Androynas failed to report profit, income or wages from the business. Investigators say they did file a 2012 income tax return on October, 2013 – at that time, they were already under investigation by the Nebraska Department of Revenue.....

......The business was featured in a York News-Times story in 2012 – at that time, the couple had already been in business six years. In the YNT interview, Hope Androyna told the newspaper they were selling between 2,000 and 3,000 pounds of ammunition every week.

The couple also said they were selling weapons to many private customers, as well as to sheriff’s departments, individual law enforcement officers, the Nebraska State Patrol and other law enforcement agencies in Nebraska and Iowa.

Each are charged with five Class 4 felonies – three counts of failure to pay sales tax, one count of evading income tax and one count of filing a fraudulent tax return.

If convicted, each could be facing a possible maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

The case has yet to be bound over to the Lancaster County District Court.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »

Funny, my dyslexia read this line and saw "more info in the New York Times".  And Im thinking, geez, thats reaching out pretty far for an anti-gun story! 

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »

Funny, my dyslexia read this line and saw "more info in the New York Times".  And Im thinking, geez, thats reaching out pretty far for an anti-gun story! 

66bigblock

+1.  Thought it said New York Times also.  UGH.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »

Entire article can be read here...    Exeter Arms News Times Article

Comment after article:

"I wonder if the State knows about the $30,000 Rob won on a scratch ticket in Pella Iowa 2010?"

They do now.  lol

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
I didn't make it to the Lincoln gunshow this weekend, but my boss said all the dealers that used to have warnings about Exeter now had copies of the newspaper article.  :D

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »
I didn't make it to the Lincoln gunshow this weekend, but my boss said all the dealers that used to have warnings about Exeter now had copies of the newspaper article.  :D

Saw that too.  LOL

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
I admit to be completely baffled as to why, when pulling in upwards of a million bucks a year, WHY wouldn't you pay the sales tax you COLLECTED............guess I simply value my freedom ( from jail.... ) too much to do anything as foolish as that

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 06:17:41 PM »

Totally beat me to it, was gonna dig up this exact GIF and post it too :D
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D