< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: More Bad Unemployment News  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
More Bad Unemployment News
« on: January 24, 2014, 08:33:17 AM »
I had to fire the stumblebum that does my reloading.  The lock ring loosened up on the tape crimp die and he didn't notice.  Several hundred less than wonderful rounds were the result.

No excuse for a guy with decades of reloading experience.  I had to let him go.   :-[
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
Re: More Bad Unemployment News
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:17:07 AM »
I had to fire my grandpa over a similar issue... :( my bullets would slide back into the casing while going up the feed ramp. Jammed up my 1911 something fierce! My dad ended up taking over his equipment and we recycled and reused what we could.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: More Bad Unemployment News
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »
The guy who builds suppressors for me is refusing to work because it's too cold out in the garage.  I'd fire him but no one else will put up with me.