< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ted is Dead, are Dems seeing red?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Ted is Dead, are Dems seeing red?
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »
With Ted gone, does this mean they are not fillibuster proof now? I believe it does, it takes 60 votes. Maybe Mass. will pull it's head out, hear the "pop", and wake up and put a Republican in during the special election.

Be ready, the bleeding heart game is about to start. Bills name after him, plees to pass this bad legislation in Teddy's name, and a host of other crap. Be ready to lower your flag to half mast on the president's command, subjects.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Ted is Dead, are Dems seeing red?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
It does sort of mean that they are no longer fillibuster proof. Now the state has to hold a special election (in something like 145 days.) to elect a replacement. (a law that Mr. Ted pushed thru when there was a republican governor so that the governor couldn't appoint a republican replacement to edwards -I believe and now that there is a dem in the statehouse he wrote a letter urging the state to change that back so that the gov could appoint his replacement. Sounds like Bloomberg in NY pushing term limits pushing term limits and then when the term limits apply to him wanting them changed.) Any way its only 2 hours after you posted and here we are with the first reports of some of our reps wanting to rename the health crap bill after him.

and about the flag. Maybe i'll just take it down. I hate to say that because what it used to mean... at least to my family growing up. But honestly I see teddy as a traitor to the constitution on several fronts.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline rpyne

• Forum Member
    • Free Utah
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »
Any way its only 2 hours after you posted and here we are with the first reports of some of our reps wanting to rename the health crap bill after him.

Just think, if his health care had been provided under the proposed bill, we could have been rid of him years ago.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:16:55 AM »
Damn maybe there is a reason to make congress go onto the public option and show us how well it works.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:18:04 AM »
rugermanx....the MA law was done over in case John Kerry (who served in Vietnam and "won" 3 Purple Hearts) was elected President.  Either way, typical double-standard. 

Will there be any mention of Mary Jo Kopecnick (sp?).  Will there be any mention that Kennedy was the main sponsor for the now maligned "Bush No Child Left Behind" Legislation?

Lilrat....just to be a nitpicky smart alec.....flags go to half mast on a ship, half staff on land.  Go Navy, Beat Army!!!

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »
Yeah, I to think Ted Kennedy was a traitor to the Constitution and to the American people. Also the stunt him and his family pulled in the death of the Kopechne girl was outright criminal!

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »
Ohhh but he had to live with the guilt of it all for ttthhhhhhiiiiiiirrrrrrttttttyy years. . . the humanity.

I could just tell it was eating him up. :P