< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Marking magazines  (Read 3261 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Marking magazines
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:16 AM »
I have seen folks have trouble on the range with brand new mags (used only once, or not) because there was a sticker on the magazine from the factory.  The extra thickness is too much for some guns.  They may go in, but drag.    Marking the base plates seems the best approach, however you decide to mark them.

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »
I would not put any foreign material on a part of magazine that makes it way into the firearm.

And please remove stickers from mags prior to going to the range, remove those, wipe them down, maybe clean them.

Anyhow, I use a paint pen on the mag base.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 11:11:41 AM »
I write my name in blood on my mags. Blood from the last dude who tried to take one of my mags.   

:)

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »
I write my name in blood on my mags. Blood from the last dude who tried to take one of my mags.   

:)

No bloodshed...THIS time.

I am still going to mark my mags, but after cleaning out one of my range bags, I found the lost mag that prompted me to submit the original post.  I don't know how in the H-E-Double hockey sticks it wound up in the pocket it was in, but now I have an extra mag since I had already purchased a replacement.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
 you can never have to many mags
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016