< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: >>>> PRIMER GROUP BUY <<<<  (Read 2008 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
>>>> PRIMER GROUP BUY <<<<
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
Powder Valley Inc (http://www.powdervalleyinc.com) has CCI small pistol primers in stock.  However, due to the hazmat charges, it doesn't make fiscal sense to buy only the 5K I was thinking about ordering. 

So here is the deal, and we need to act quick before they are out of stock...

Cost example
Using the small pistol primers as the base line since they are at the lower end of cost per box (though the order could include any mix of primers in stock), if we order 25 or more 1K boxes of primers, then the cost per box will be no more than if we purchased the same box locally and paid tax.  The breakdown...

Local cost (7% sales tax)
$27 + tax ($1.89) = $28.89/box

Powder Valley cost
25 boxes x $27 = $675 + shipping ($19.95) + insurance ($3.00) + hazmat ($27.50) = $725.45

$725.45/25 = $29.02/box

One hazmat charge will cover 50 boxes of primers per my communication with Powder Valley. 

For simplicity and fairness, the shipping, hazmat, and insurance costs would be divided between the participants.  If you ordered 7 of the total 25 boxes, your fair share of the shipping, hazmat, and insurance ($50.45) would be $14.13.  Of course, if we go over 25 total boxes, the shared costs just gets better/lower.

PLEASE NOTE:
The above numbers are ONLY an example.  There will be slight variations in cost depending on how many boxes are ordered. 

PAYMENT: ALL moneys will be transferred to myself via PayPal (there is a method to avoid fees) BEFORE I order.  If for some reason it all falls apart (due to items going out of stock, other participants not following through with funding, etc.), I will refund the FULL amount (IF and ONLY IF it was transferred to my account using the "no fee" method) via PayPal.  If funds are transferred via PayPal with a fee, then you eat the fee.

Please respond ASAP if you are interested in this buy.  I was also thinking about ordering powder, but the powder I wanted was in stock yesterday and gone today, so the primers may have the same issue.

ADDITIONAL INFO ON ORDER DELIVERY
I live in Lincoln.  All orders would need to be picked up in or near Lincoln.

Fly
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:51:31 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: >>>> PRIMER GROUP BUY <<<<
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
43 views and NO ONE needs primers?!?!

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?

Fly

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:30:55 PM »
Sorry Fly, but I have plenty of primers for the forseeable future.  Right now I can walk into Cabelas or Guns Unlimited (preferred) and pick them sans shipping, handling, HAZMAT or such.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
Sorry Fly, but I have plenty of primers for the forseeable future.  Right now I can walk into Cabelas or Guns Unlimited (preferred) and pick them sans shipping, handling, HAZMAT or such.

For $29/box? The best I have found in the stores lately is around $34, and that was a sale several months ago.

Fly

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
Would there be any chance of getting small rifle primers in this buy at about the same price? Or do they all have to be pistol to get that price?
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »
Would there be any chance of getting small rifle primers in this buy at about the same price? Or do they all have to be pistol to get that price?

ANY primers they have in stock, if the price is right for you.  You will have to check the website and let me know.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »
I had another friend say he was in for 5 boxes of the CCI #500 small pistol primers, BUT as I said in the original post, we can mix and match any primers they have in stock.

Anyone else?

Fly

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 08:21:37 PM »
PM sent.
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 11:03:06 PM »
So far it is myself, predatorhunter, and a friend with a total box count of 20.  I'm going to get the order in by Thursday morning. 

Anyone else interested?  These are pretty darn good prices from what I have seen locally.

Fly