< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: A helpful tip......  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
A helpful tip......
« on: January 14, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »
.... measure your doorways before purchasing and bringing home your new gun safe....  :o  ???  :'(

We wrestled it halfway through the house before we hit our first "roadblock".

Let's just say that my "bargain" safe I stumbled across took two days and lots of powertools, cussing, and new drywall and trim to get nestled into its new home. The good news is that now I don't have to go to the trouble of bolting it to the floor!  ;D

Administrator

Re: A helpful tip......
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:05:02 AM »

Sounds like something I'd do.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
I hate to pee on your parade, but......
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:18:06 PM »
.......given 1/2 hour, an angle grinder and a metal cutting wheel or two, a thief can still get your guns..............
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
Yeah, I know, but at least I'll make the sonsaguns work for them, and better yet, if I walk in on them, at least it will decrease the chances of them shooting me with one of my own guns. And maybe if my neighbors hear power tools, they will call the cops because they know that if it were one of the RARE times that I was undertaking a home improvement project, the profanities should have been already flowing.  ;D

Offline Kim

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:49:52 PM »
Yes, for a while there I thought I was going to have to reconfigure my kitchen around this gun safe....not a happy thought!  :-\

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
L O L!!!!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.