< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Senate bill would give Obama power to control internet.  (Read 1792 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Senate bill would give Obama power to control internet.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
My paranoid thought is..... that he and the left are starting to get nervous about people revolting. He could enact an "emergency" and effectively shut down comunications and stop people from desent. Remember Iran? The Iranian people were able to get pictures out before the government finally caught up.
 They could effectivaly shut us down if they didn't agree with what we stand for.
This is a very dangerous idea. It needs to be stopped.
Can you imagine what people like Obermann and Chris Mathews would be saying if Bush did this. Hell would break loose on all the government run news sites.
Hang on folks it's going to be a long hard 4 years. We better be prepared to stand our ground.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:47:08 PM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »
This just comfirms in my mind the reason we need to be active on a local level. Imagine how hard it would be to start the NFOA after something like this has happened.

I guess it's just the boyscout in me that keeps sayin'... Be prepared!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:53:25 PM »
That is actually one of the scariest things I've read in a long time.  What's next, newspapers and TV?  They already want the power to regulate what can be said on talk radio.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:58:39 PM »
Maybe its the firefighter/emt in me but the term "plan for the worst, Hope for the best" comes to mind. We need to stand up and make sure this doesn't happen.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 10:00:18 PM »
The car manufacturers wanted a "bail-out"...they got it.  Look who's calling the shots for them now.  'Nuf said.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »
That is actually one of the scariest things I've read in a long time.  What's next, newspapers and TV?  They already want the power to regulate what can be said on talk radio.

Hell, They already run MSNBC, CNN and NPR. (government run media)
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »
But at least right now we can choose to visit other sites for our news. What's to say that they won't just shut down certain parts of the internet.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 08:52:14 AM »
"right now" are the key words. It's going to be a long 4 years I fear.

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
This just shows that he is a fascist bent on taking over. Last night I heard on the radio that Obama is putting together a group within the White House to collect data on US Citizens from social network sites such as facebook, myspace, twitter and others.
We are turning into a police state.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »
There are lots of things going on that scare me to death. First and foremost is the amount of Extremely crazy people that the president is talking to. Next is the fact that we have all this talk about right wing extremists and veterns and the lot. Then was flag@whitehouse(.) gov. Which for those of you that don't know was a little backdoor way of starting to track people online. It didn't actually do much BUT what it would do is allow the gov to see email addresses that had sent the email around. This was done by the fact that the gov couldn't keep a list of email addresses. HOWEVER. anything that goes into or out of the whitehouse has to be saved. Which means they were legal to do it. Next is this Cap and trade bs. Next healthcare. The whole thing wreaks of stealing power bit by bit. Bailouts the whole works just ticks me off. Not sure how this next month is going to go but I am scared that it ain't gonna end well if they keep ramming stuff thru.

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »
I don't care who the President is, I don't want anyone having that kind of control over the internet.
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »
Pretty much my sentiments exactly.