< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: upper and lower rear take down pin holes about 1/16th off  (Read 1265 times)

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
upper and lower rear take down pin holes about 1/16th off
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:44 AM »
I'm thinking my only option is to get a small file and make the take down hole on the upper a little egg shaped so I can get the rear take down pin through it.

I don't have a picture to post but it looks like my lower is 1/16th too long, its propably less than that, but its off. when lining them up with the pivot pin in you can see while looking straight down on the holethe uppers rear take down hole slightly eclipsing the lowers rear take down hole.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:36:21 AM by landon410 »

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: upper and lower rear take down pin holes about 1/16th off
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »
I would NOT do anything with the upper, if the lower is to long, send it back, you don't have enough room on a upper to cut that much out, If it was mine id send it back,
   I just sent back a pistol that I owned for 2 days, they gotta fix it I could have , but I payed for a good weapon
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
I would take some measurements and determine which part is off before I tried WECSOG, other wise you may build in a problem when mating to any other upper or lower
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »
The Center to Center should be 6.375 +/- .002 not a lot to play with. I have to say it your lower you just finished isn't good... I am with Dan and shooter I would not attempt to modifiy you upper or lower contact EP and get a new one... :(

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/ar15_receiver.pdf

Edit for Drawing link
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:33:44 PM by tstuart34 »

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »
Yep, it's a known EPLowers problem that they haven't really addressed yet.  I used to check on their forum and it seems like lots of people have the same issue. 

FYI: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,10354.msg74126.html#msg74126

There is a thread on XDTalk with even more info if you want to look.