< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Rifle stolen from car in church parking lot - Lincoln, NE  (Read 1547 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Rifle stolen from car in church parking lot - Lincoln, NE
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:02:48 PM »
http://www.journalstar.com/news/local/article_87c8fa52-9669-11de-a854-001cc4c03286.html

By the Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 4:00 pm | (8) Comments

A man reported to police that someone stole his cell phone and AR-15 rifle from his car while he was at church Sunday morning.

Officer Katie Flood said the man told police the rifle was in a case under a blanket on the back-seat floorboard in the parking lot at Indian Hills Community Church, 1000 S. 84th St. He said his car was locked and the windows were left down a crack. He wasn't sure how someone had gotten in.

The 40-year-old described the firearm as a Panther Arms AR-15 with a 16-inch barrel, round-style han guards, flat top with an attached carrying handle and a collapsible stock, and the phone as a BlackBerry Storm smart phone.

The loss was estimated at $1,120.

Posted in Local on Monday, August 31, 2009 4:00 pm Updated: 5:54 pm.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Rifle stolen from car in church parking lot - Lincoln, NE
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
I'm surprised the journal star didn't cry about why the guy had a gun in a car at church.
.........Probably was gonna head to the range with some buddies after church. I've done that before.
But I wonder in this case if the person who stole the rifle may have known him or known that he had a rifle in his car because he said he had it under a blanket in a case.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 07:23:12 AM »
I hate thieves.  >:(

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
We were speculating at work as to the same thing DanClrk51 is thinking. What are the chances of some one hitting a jackpot like that at random. Not to mention the fact that other vehicles were not hit also. Kind of makes one wonder if there is not something a bit fishy there. I have done the same, go to church and then head out to the range. Not all the time but it does make one a bit nervious.