< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone Know A Good FFL?  (Read 2728 times)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Anyone Know A Good FFL?
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_65&products_id=170

Spikes Tactical is having a crazy sale on their AR-15 lower receivers. I highly recommend anyone interested in this type of firearm take advantage of it while you can. 90 dollars for one of the top brands out there is an amazing price!

That said, anyone have any idea where I could find a good FFL that allows transfers for relatively cheap? I called The Bullet Hole and they wanted $40 for the transfer  :o. That's a bit expensive in my opinion. Anyone know anyone that would do it for closer to $20 near Omaha? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anyone Know A Good FFL?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
The Bullet Hole is a good FFL, what you are looking for is a cheap FFL.  Might try gunbroker.com they should list receiving ffls by zip code and what the fee is.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:02 PM »
The Bullet Hole is a good FFL, what you are looking for is a cheap FFL.

I suppose that's the case. I'm not actually buying it from whoever transfers it to me (and thus don't have to worry about the quality of their products) and as long as they know and follow the law, I'm happy with that.

I'm a regular patron at The Bullet Hole but $40 seems a bit over the top for me. I even bought my first AR there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:14:51 PM by Krylancelo »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
If the job gets done, and it costs less, cheaper is better than good.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »
Carl Jarl locksmith on 109 and I is about 35. Also try Buds pawn in Bellevue. Theres a pawn shop on north 90th by Keenans rentals that you might try also.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 05:43:48 AM »
I was told FFL transfer is $30 @ Carl Jarl, but I suppose that may not include tax. Guns Unlimited said they don't do them, but referred me to Sol's a couple blocks north.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 06:44:01 AM »
Don Short is a good guy that does transfers for $30.  $25 for ENGC members.  He owns a business around 131st and B. 

My fees will be lower, but I'm still waiting for a visit from an ATF agent.  I hope I can get it sometime this year still.

Rod

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 12:03:22 PM »
If you want a simple transfer for a flat $20 contact Randy @ Randy's CB center 572-8905. It's outside Omaha city limits too (6612 N Irvington Rd- near 90th & Sorenson Prkwy)- so no registration non-sense (should you opt for a handgun in the future). I've used him many times.  I have used Don Short a couple times too- good guy but for $10 difference.....
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:04:14 PM by Hardwood83 »
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »
If you want a simple transfer for a flat $20 contact Randy @ Randy's CB center 572-8905. It's outside Omaha city limits too (6612 N Irvington Rd- near 90th & Sorenson Prkwy)- so no registration non-sense (should you opt for a handgun in the future). I've used him many times.  I have used Don Short a couple times too- good guy but for $10 difference.....

Hmmm maybe he doesn't like me. He told me $30! lol.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 06:47:54 PM »
Randy' CB may have raised his prices, it's been a couple years since I transferred anything through him.

You might also try Dave Krecklow. He owns the Yutan Gun shop.  103 Vine  Yutan, NE 68073  (402) 625-2930

About 15 minutes west of Omaha.  Not sure what his price is.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
If you want a simple transfer for a flat $20 contact Randy @ Randy's CB center 572-8905. It's outside Omaha city limits too (6612 N Irvington Rd- near 90th & Sorenson Prkwy)- so no registration non-sense (should you opt for a handgun in the future). I've used him many times.  I have used Don Short a couple times too- good guy but for $10 difference.....

Hmmm maybe he doesn't like me. He told me $30! lol.

Wow- must have jacked the fee within the last couple of weeks....or he doesn't like you.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 12:07:38 PM »
Heh, it's all good. I ended up just having it sent to Bullet Hole. Thanks for the info. I just feel comfortable with them since I've been there many times.