< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Renewal Time  (Read 1916 times)

Offline 475okh

• NFOA Full Member
Renewal Time
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:11:50 PM »
Went in for my CCW permit renewal.  Guess I was amazed that I was fingerprinted again.  Five years ago was subject to the full fingerprint  thing.  Just did not no that fingerprints like fresh produce went bad after time???  What is it with the application having to be notarized???   With your old CCW card and drivers license a requirement to be presented it is not like you are trying to scam the system.  Naturally they inform you that they have no notary  available.  Pay the 50 bucks and wait about 2 weeks.  Will see???

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Renewal Time
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:47:11 PM »
They sure don't make it reasonable.... Hopefully they will streamline that b.s. before I have to renew
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:11:18 AM »
Did mine in January. Went in on a Friday and had my new permit on Tuesday. It would be nice if they all got done that fast.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:34:35 AM »
I applied for  a renewal on Monday this week, had it in the mail Wednesday already

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:58:47 AM »
It is my hope that common sense will prevail in the future, and the Texas model is copied.  In other words, renewal is online similar to drivers license.   Certainly would save costs.  Another issue is ones CHP number....they should have kept your original number again similar to a DL......

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:09:08 AM »
just out of curiosity, were your first set of prints of the electronic variety?  if not, were they this time?  i mean, unless they were simply updating their methodology, seems funny that "new" the same prints would make much difference?

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 01:04:33 PM »
Yep, new prints. Someone keeps a job that way. I was fingerprinted last year for my CCW and will be again in April when I renew my hazmat. I believe they have parred the locations down to two in the state for it. Hardly convenient.

Offline 475okh

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:07:36 AM »
One thing that impressed me was that I applied for my renewal at 11 am on the 26th and in the mail on the afternoon of the 28th it arrived!!!

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 06:29:56 AM »
just out of curiosity, were your first set of prints of the electronic variety?  if not, were they this time?  i mean, unless they were simply updating their methodology, seems funny that "new" the same prints would make much difference?

For me it was electronic both times. I asked about getting printed this time and was told that any scars can supposedly cause the print experts to not be able to do a 100% I.d. Sounded kind of like BS but also made a little spence.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA